PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Rangefinder and how to mount off camera

newmoon2night
3-May-2008, 04:55
I have a Linhof Multifocus Optical Viewfinder made for using with a Master Technica (I have never had the camera but use the viewfinder for composing shots). The part number is 01378, and fortunately I didn't pay the current price for this (and it's one of the few bits of kit that isn't 'as expensive' in the UK as it is in in the US).
I know it's still extravagent compared with making a square with my hands (!), but it's actually a great accessory and I use it all the time ... so that's the justification done with!!
However I keep searching for a better way to carry it/hold it.
I have read that some other people have them attached to a strap or handle or similar, but just can't work out, or find out, where to get a bracket to attach the large hot shoe securely.
Can anyone help on this please?
I think a small hot shoe connector will not be strong enough to hang a few hundred $ of fairly heavy viewfinder from, and ideally it needs to be something of a decent size and strong construction, and preferably a screw to 'lock it'.
Alternatively there may be a way of removing the whole base from the viewfinder (it's on a sort of spring loaded pivot) and attach directly ...I just don't know.
My preference is to attach a wood handle rather than a strap.
So if anyone can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Bob Salomon
3-May-2008, 05:07
You can contact the Linhof service center in your country and order the accessory shoe for the Master Technika. Then you can simply attach a strap to the shoe or, in your case, attach the shoe to a grip of your choice.

newmoon2night
3-May-2008, 11:52
You can contact the Linhof service center in your country and order the accessory shoe for the Master Technika. Then you can simply attach a strap to the shoe or, in your case, attach the shoe to a grip of your choice.

Thanks Bob, I'll get in touch with Linhof and Studio next week.