PDA

View Full Version : Plaubel 5x7 single sheet film holders?

sparq
30-Apr-2008, 10:26
Hello,

I've been hunting for spare parts for my 5x7 Peco Profia recently and I got me a nice non-standard 5x7/13x18 back (with a lever-operated door) that must be so much nicer to use than the heavy and bulky standard 5x7 back for the camera. It accepts slightly smaller and a lot thinner film holders so I assume that Plaubel was selling single sheet holders for it. I have not found any good information source about Plaubel view cameras on internet, yet; so let me ask you. Did those Plaubel film holders accept 5x7 or 13x18 film, or both? Do you know a place where I could buy one or a few? If you have some that you could sell me, please PM me.

Thank you,
Petr

Ole Tjugen
30-Apr-2008, 12:28
The plaubel back would be for 13x18cm film - or perhaps plates. I don't know of much information on the internet, but would first search for it in German...

sparq
30-Apr-2008, 14:09
Thanks for the tip, Ole. I see that my question is/was pretty frequent on German LF forums. Those Blechkassetten fuer Plaubel seem to be pretty rare and hard to come by.

Peter K
30-Apr-2008, 14:22
The single holder back was standard for the Peco Universal I up to III. There where holders aviable for plates and sheet-films 13x18 and 5x7". At http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/junior/junior.html
you can find informations about the Peco Junior. Most of the accessories where aviable also for 4x5" and 5x7" cameras.

Peter K
30-Apr-2008, 14:31
Thanks for the tip, Ole. I see that my question is/was pretty frequent on German LF forums. Those Blechkassetten fuer Plaubel seem to be pretty rare and hard to come by.
This holders are the same used with early Linhof cameras, also used together with an adapter for the international double-holder back.

Ole Tjugen
30-Apr-2008, 14:34
Ah - then they should be a little bit easier to find.

I have two - but you can't have them, since I also have a Linhof adapter (and one for 10x15cm in 13x18, and another for 9x12cm in 4x5" international backs). :)

Peter K
30-Apr-2008, 14:48
There was also a Linhof adapter for 6x13cm aviable.