PDA

View Full Version : Ted Harris Memorial Site...

Dave Parker
28-Apr-2008, 11:13
Hello all,

I have worked with Bruce and Amy, and have the site, as well as the messaging system set up, it is operational and you are welcome to post your messages as well as images, please if there is a problem with getting registered, let me know at satinsnowglass@yahoo.com I will still need to do tweaks and refinements to this, but, your more than welcome to take a look and post thought and wishes..

The URL for the front page is http://www.tedharrismemorial.org the direct for the message system is http://tedharrismemorial.org/phpBB3

Again, if their are problems or concerns, please let me know and I will get it fixed.

Dave Parker

ASRafferty
28-Apr-2008, 11:19
Dave, there's actually an extra "e" in the URL... it is: www.tedharrismemorial.org
Same for the message system link I believe.

This is truly an awesome thing you've done.... thank you.

Amy

Dave Parker
28-Apr-2008, 11:22
Dave, there's actually an extra "e" in the URL... it is: www.tedharrismemorial.org
Same for the message system link I believe.

This is truly an awesome thing you've done.... thank you.

Amy

Amy,

Sorry, I fixed it..

It was the least I could do..

Dave

Kirk Gittings
28-Apr-2008, 12:06
Great effort Dave.

Eric Biggerstaff
28-Apr-2008, 12:13
Nice job Dave, great to see some pictures of Ted.

roteague
28-Apr-2008, 12:20
Thanks Dave. I've already registered. I'll be uploading an image this evening, when I get home from my day job, that I plan on donating in his memory.

Asher Kelman
28-Apr-2008, 12:59
It's such a great idea and the start of the website is simply superb.

Might it be possible to have museum quality prints from Ted's work? That would provide a steady stream for us to fund his legacy. It might also be that at some time excess gear people have or even some of Ted's gear might be used too. The latter might seem inopportune, insensitive or materialistic, but would I'm sure fulfill Ted's philosophy.

Asher

Asher

Peter De Smidt
28-Apr-2008, 15:19
Great work!

Blueberrydesk
28-Apr-2008, 15:58
Very nicely done, Dave. If I thought that someone would pay for one of my prints, well, is the auction forum a good place to post equipment as well as prints? I've got plenty of that I could donate.

ASRafferty
29-Apr-2008, 02:55
It's such a great idea and the start of the website is simply superb.

Might it be possible to have museum quality prints from Ted's work? That would provide a steady stream for us to fund his legacy. It might also be that at some time excess gear people have or even some of Ted's gear might be used too. The latter might seem inopportune, insensitive or materialistic, but would I'm sure fulfill Ted's philosophy.

Asher

Asher
Asher, if it were entirely my decision, I'd have Ted's everything flowing out into the world as quickly as possible, because it IS what he would want. Unfortunately, real life and our legal system don't allow that (which is why most artists need a spouse who pays some attention to those realities while they are in their proper universe doing other things!). So, in a sense I'm "way ahead of you" and will catch up with the process as soon as the "powers that be" allow it.

Bruce Barlow
29-Apr-2008, 04:46
A suggestion that I know would be close to Ted's heart: if you have equipment that you're willing to "donate" to an auction site whose purpose is to raise scholarship funds, why not find a school nearby that you care about (or start to care about) and just give the items to them? That would be at least as much help as money from auctions subsidizing students.

Please give it a thought. I think Ted would wholeheartedly support the idea.