PDA

View Full Version : How to transport Canham Traditional 8x10?

Torsten
26-Apr-2008, 04:20
Hi, I want to have a light, but "safe" way of transporting my Canham 8x10. My goal is to put it in a backpack (either directly or first in a kind of case) and to go hiking in the mountains....any suggestion? I heard about "photobackpacker"...?

thank's & cheers

Torsten

Michael Kadillak
26-Apr-2008, 08:53
Hi, I want to have a light, but "safe" way of transporting my Canham 8x10. My goal is to put it in a backpack (either directly or first in a kind of case) and to go hiking in the mountains....any suggestion? I heard about "photobackpacker"...?

thank's & cheers

Torsten

I put my Canham 8x10 into a F64 backpack and it fits perfectly into the main housing of the pack with the dark cloth as additional padding Filters and accessories go into the top zipper compartment along with a lens or two (depending upon size). The waist strap is a marvelous feature to keep the weight off of your shoulders. I use a canvas bag with straps for a few film holders and carry the tripod either in my off hand or over the shoulder. Works great.

Walter Calahan
26-Apr-2008, 09:19
I use a LowePro Backpack, but don't put it on my back for long walks. Instead I secure the backpack on a 3-wheel jogging stroller, the style with the bicycle wheels and suspension. Then I push my Canham Lightweight 8x10 camera, lenses and film holders. I cover much more ground that way.

Jorge Gasteazoro
26-Apr-2008, 10:08

thank's & cheers

Torsten

I have used the F64 and now I am using a photobackpacker.....no comparison whatsoever, the photobackpacker is the best option. From experience I can tell you that a back pack that might protect your camera but is uncomfortable and heavy and leaves you too tired at the end of the hiking to take the picture is worthless.

sepiareverb
26-Apr-2008, 12:21
I use an LL Bean tote bag- the medium size, fits it like a glove. Holders and lenses go in the backpack.