PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid type 54 ????

ignatiusjk
25-Apr-2008, 09:06
Does anybody know why Polaroid is discontinuing type 54 pola pan film? I use 54 for proofing in the field and trust it. What else is out there that can be used with a 545i holder?

PaulRicciardi
25-Apr-2008, 09:17
They've discontinued production of all of their films after going out of business. Anything with the word "Polaroid" on it is going to have to be bought off of ebay unless you just buy a store's remaining stock. You could also try to get a 550 film holder or the Fuji equivalent PA-45 holder so that you could use the Fuji FP-100C but that is a colour instant film not BW like type 54.

Terence McDonagh
25-Apr-2008, 10:02
According to most store websites, the last batches are in stores as of last week.

Sideshow Bob
25-Apr-2008, 11:53
You can use Fuji FP-100B B&W pack film but you will need the Polaroid 405 holder or Fuji holder (don't know the number).

Gale

Gene McCluney
26-Apr-2008, 11:16
Does anybody know why Polaroid is discontinuing type 54 pola pan film? I use 54 for proofing in the field and trust it. What else is out there that can be used with a 545i holder?

YES. The holding company that owns Polaroid feels the real estate that the Polaroid manufacturing plants are located on is more valuable sold for new retail and office development, than the return they could get from it by continuing to manufacture the films. The dwindling market for "instant films" does not give them any incentive to relocate the manufacturing to a less expensive area.