PDA

View Full Version : Kodak ULF Sheet Film Update

Michael Kadillak
23-Apr-2008, 12:14
I am pleased to be able to state to the group that I spoke to Kodak this AM and have favorably resolved several key issues that needed to be completed to move forward. First, we will have the correct sized boxes WITH 25 sheets per box per format. Secondly, we will get the re-formulated and vastly improved T Max 400 with no UV coating. The Kodak ULF sheet film deal will be a continuous year round project with formats ordered periodically throughout the year based upon customer interaction.

The sponsor is reviewing this information as we speak and we should have a formal announcement very soon with pricing.

Cheers!

Hugo Zhang
23-Apr-2008, 12:23
Michael,

Thanks for the update!

Hugo

Jorge Gasteazoro
23-Apr-2008, 12:25
I am pleased to be able to state to the group that I spoke to Kodak this AM and have favorably resolved several key issues that needed to be completed to move forward. First, we will have the correct sized boxes WITH 25 sheets per box per format. Secondly, we will get the re-formulated and vastly improved T Max 400 with no UV coating. The Kodak ULF sheet film deal will be a continuous year round project with formats ordered periodically throughout the year based upon customer interaction.

The sponsor is reviewing this information as we speak and we should have a formal announcement very soon with pricing.

Cheers!

I loved having TMY with the 12x20, thanks for doing this. As I see it the only thing that will make or break this deal is the sponsor.

Michael Kadillak
23-Apr-2008, 13:57
I loved having TMY with the 12x20, thanks for doing this. As I see it the only thing that will make or break this deal is the sponsor.

That is correct Jorge.

I hope to speak in detail with the sponsor this PM.

Time to start balancing the check book and getting some space iogether in the chest freezer. Pass the word on to your fellow ULF'ers (and 5x7 shooters).....

Cheers!

Bruce Watson
23-Apr-2008, 14:08
Will this include some odd sizes that aren't really ULF? I'm thinking 4x10 for example.

Yes, I know I could cut down 8x10. But sharp objects and I have an uneasy relationship in the daylight -- I can't imaging what it would be like doing that in the dark! ;-)

Jorge Gasteazoro
23-Apr-2008, 14:14
That is correct Jorge.

I hope to speak in detail with the sponsor this PM.

Time to start balancing the check book and getting some space iogether in the chest freezer. Pass the word on to your fellow ULF'ers (and 5x7 shooters).....

Cheers!

Yeah, it is going to be a hit on the pocket book, but certainly worth it.

Monty McCutchen
23-Apr-2008, 15:17
Michael,

Will ALL formats be cut and delivered at the same exact time?

Thanks,

Monty

Michael Kadillak
23-Apr-2008, 21:13
Michael,

Will ALL formats be cut and delivered at the same exact time?

Thanks,

Monty

No Monty. Last time we did this we overwhelmed Kodak production staff.

We want to order a couple of formats every couple of months throughout the year and have stock on hand that will be maintained in frozen storage to sell. We understand that ULF sheet film has always been an expensive product and we want to spread things out during these hard times so everyone can find a way to participate.

We will have a very reasonable minimum for a format to be ordered and there is no limitation on how many times we can order a particular format. For everyone that was complaining about how Kodak does not listen to anyone, we were able to secure 25 sheets per correct size packaging as opposed to the 10 sheets per irregular box we got last time.

Most sizes can be procured when we meet the very reasonable minimum.

You will be more than happy with the sponsor I have secured for this arrangement.

Cheers!

Daniel Grenier
24-Apr-2008, 07:15
....You will be more than happy with the sponsor I have secured for this arrangement.....

Good news. Looking forward to some of that new T-Max 400 but a "sponsor" ? I take it you mean an Underwriter for this ULF run ? Kodak din't want to do this on spec ? If that's the case, does this mean no sponsor no run in the future ? Just curious...

Michael Kadillak
24-Apr-2008, 07:44
Good news. Looking forward to some of that new T-Max 400 but a "sponsor" ? I take it you mean an Underwriter for this ULF run ? Kodak din't want to do this on spec ? If that's the case, does this mean no sponsor no run in the future ? Just curious...

While Ilford is willing to coordinate such broad scoping activities internally, Kodak is not hence the need for a "sponsor". Kodak has made it clear that they want to focus on making the best film possible. While Kodak can be encouraged to get into this venue as is the case for individual special orders, the price for them to deliver this is much higher than I (and I feel many others that I am representing in this activity) are willing to accept. We can do better and are doing so with these types of volume transactions.

The sponsor serves two purposes. First they provide the transactional security necessary and they also are there for customer service (receiving orders, receiving product, shipping product and customer questions).

We can always find a sponsor. All things considered, there are many more critical components to making this deal work.

More shortly.
Cheers!

IanMazursky
24-Apr-2008, 19:28
Michael,

This is great news. Do you know when you will have an eta for specific formats and costs?

Thanks for all your hard work!