PDA

View Full Version : BBC 1 TV programme tonight 23rd April

butterfly
23-Apr-2008, 09:50
Hi all,

For those in the Uk, tonight (23rd April), at 10:40pm, there is a programme called 'Made in England', and tonight showcases the work of Harry Cory Wright, landscape photographer, using a Gandolfi 10x8.

For them not in the UK, I think it may be available to watch on the net via BBC Iplayer tomorrow onwards.

Should be well worth watching - there's not much on TV about photography!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/madeinengland/h...ht/index.shtml

Regards

Steve

uniB
23-Apr-2008, 15:14
Just read your post and flicked it on at what would have been the end of programme and it seems to be about the Bard of Barnsley not Harry Cory Wright. Maybe there's regional variations?

Would have been interesting to see, I have HCW's book and I can't decide about him at all, I know a lot hate his work, I think it's got a certain something about it, but sometimes fails to escape looking like snap shots (all-be-it very large snap shots!)

Justin Cormack
23-Apr-2008, 16:04
Just read your post and flicked it on at what would have been the end of programme and it seems to be about the Bard of Barnsley not Harry Cory Wright. Maybe there's regional variations?

Would have been interesting to see, I have HCW's book and I can't decide about him at all, I know a lot hate his work, I think it's got a certain something about it, but sometimes fails to escape looking like snap shots (all-be-it very large snap shots!)

The book is odd. I like some of them, but some are really awful. From a landscape point of view I suppose the idea was a challenge, dealing with dull light and weather. But some were just self indulgent. When he is good though I like them.

JonathanPerkins
24-Apr-2008, 00:49
The programs now on BBC iPlayer if you're in a different region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00b318m.shtml

I do like some of his images, coming from Norfolk I can relate to his salt marsh images. And I like the fact that his images are not the cliche velvia perfect lighting, lone tree, distant mountain that seems prevalent in other areas of British landscape photography...