PDA

View Full Version : Nordfoto and buying film

Noeyedear
21-Apr-2008, 09:36
My german is non existent. I manage to get as far as adding film to my basket and getting a final invoice on screen, but I can't get anything that looks like a creditcard form to appear to pay for the goods. I assume i need to set up an account, I can only find boxes to login if I already have one.
It's so frustrating, we didn't build a British Empire covering the Globe, so we have to speak other languages, dam it all they should all speak English! I can't find a way to make my keyboard shout slowly or I would try that.
Any help please.

Kevin.

Helen Bach
21-Apr-2008, 10:11
I've bought quite a lot of Scala from them, and never had a problem. I used PayPal.

Best,
Helen

big_ben_blue
21-Apr-2008, 11:34
My german is non existent. I manage to get as far as adding film to my basket and getting a final invoice on screen, but I can't get anything that looks like a creditcard form to appear to pay for the goods. I assume i need to set up an account, I can only find boxes to login if I already have one.
It's so frustrating, we didn't build a British Empire covering the Globe, so we have to speak other languages, dam it all they should all speak English! I can't find a way to make my keyboard shout slowly or I would try that.
Any help please.

Kevin.

Ah Kevin, at a certain point in time the Germans had the same idea with simplifying the language barrier - didn't go over too well with the rest of the world (well, the german language has a hellish grammar anyways, only a sadistic linguist could have come up with that).
But back to the ordering business:
First of all, your order as a out-of-country buyer has to exceed 210 Euro. Once you got all the goodies selected, click on "Inhalt anzeigen" (show content) in the WARENKORB column on the right.
Under LIEFERZIEL (destination) select "ausserhalb Deutschland" (outside Germany). Then select from the VERSAND/ZAHLUNG (shipping/payment) either DHL Vorkasse (prepaid) or DHL Kreditkarte mit Paypal (creditcard via Paypal).
Then click on ALLES BESTELLEN (order all). That brings you to the next screen where they ask you for name, address, email, phone etc. Once you got everything done, just click on "Bestellung jetzt ... absenden" (send out order). They then send you an invoice for the money transfer and/or a link (for paypal I assume) to complete your order.

Edit: the last screen also has a little field for adding comments etc. Just use it if you have more questions - most Germans understand english quite well.

Noeyedear
21-Apr-2008, 12:49
Ah Kevin, at a certain point in time the Germans had the same idea with simplifying the language barrier - didn't go over too well with the rest of the world (well, the german language has a hellish grammar anyways, only a sadistic linguist could have come up with that).
But back to the ordering business:
First of all, your order as a out-of-country buyer has to exceed 210 Euro. Once you got all the goodies selected, click on "Inhalt anzeigen" (show content) in the WARENKORB column on the right.
Under LIEFERZIEL (destination) select "ausserhalb Deutschland" (outside Germany). Then select from the VERSAND/ZAHLUNG (shipping/payment) either DHL Vorkasse (prepaid) or DHL Kreditkarte mit Paypal (creditcard via Paypal).
Then click on ALLES BESTELLEN (order all). That brings you to the next screen where they ask you for name, address, email, phone etc. Once you got everything done, just click on "Bestellung jetzt ... absenden" (send out order). They then send you an invoice for the money transfer and/or a link (for paypal I assume) to complete your order.

Edit: the last screen also has a little field for adding comments etc. Just use it if you have more questions - most Germans understand english quite well.

Excellent just what I needed.

Kevin.