PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Neopan 80 Quickload

Tom Finnegan
13-Mar-2001, 12:32
While this film isn't officially imported to the U.S. it is available from Badge r Graphics. Does anyone have any experience with this film? Any likes or dislike s? Development suggestions? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

dangal
13-Mar-2001, 17:35
I am very interested myself as I just bought 40 sheets from Ebay. Have not received it yet but once received I would love to know how to expose and process it properly.

Robert White
20-Mar-2001, 14:48
FUJI QUICKLOAD Black and White I have just returned from Japan and Fuji now sell their new 100ASA ACROS emulsion in Quickload form which should prove better than the current Neopan Commercial......We will be stocking it within a month or so.

fw
22-Mar-2001, 15:32
Neopan Commercial is a variable contrast emulsion, that delivers reasonable results. From the data sheet (Japanese only, I'm afraid), they recommend ; * for high contrast, try EI80, and a Fuji developer called Artdol @ 1:2 for 4 minutes @ 20C (I've never seen this developer outside Japan) * for normal contrast, either EI80, and D-76 for 6 minutes @ 20C, or EI100, and D-76 for 6.5 minutes @ 20C.

In practice, I have had reasonable results with this film @EI64 in DiXactol, but TMax 100 or Delta 100 in either PMK Pyro, DiXactol or Rodinal are a much better bet for black and white photography.

fw
22-Mar-2001, 15:34
..............and I'd like to know more about the ACROS film mentioned above - any details available?

Sal Santamaura
22-Mar-2001, 19:22
For Acros info, go to:

http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/bw/img/ds_ti_pdf/af3-095e.pdf

fw
23-Mar-2001, 04:03
Thanks, Sal, for the excellent link. I'm confused, however, by Fuji's description of the film as orthopanchromatic. (?!?) Does this just mean ordinary panchromatic, or does it imply a different spectral sensitivity to a normal panchromatic film?

Sal Santamaura
23-Mar-2001, 10:35
Rather than try to figure out what someone in Japan writing English meant to convey, I'd suggest you look at the spectral sensitivity curve (Item #12 on page 4 of the data sheet). Compare it to the analogous curve for whatever film you use/like. Then, having speculated about the differences, wait patiently with me to try some actual film!