PDA

View Full Version : Photobackpacker case for Arca-Swiss F-Field

Rust Never Sleeps
16-Apr-2008, 22:06
Hello, just wondering if any of you Arca guys have the cases made by Photobackpacker. They do not have a stock size which will fit the F-field camera that I have but do make custom sizes. If anybody has one what size did you get?? I have the 141 version of the camera which measures 11.5 in. up and down 7.5 in. side to side and 6.5 in. deep. I was thinking about getting a case that is just enough to fit the camera. That gives me a little room to get the Pentax spotmeter wrapped in one layer bubble wrap in by the swing/tilt knobs and a filter or two by the focusing knobs. Maybe some other small odds and ends in there but I like to keep the camera case as simple and clutter free as possible. Thanks

Eric James
16-Apr-2008, 22:24
Is that you Neil?

You could try sending the owner/designer a PM - he is a forum member here. Check the member list under "Photobackpacker".

Rust Never Sleeps
29-Apr-2008, 22:24
Is that you Neil?

You could try sending the owner/designer a PM - he is a forum member here. Check the member list under "Photobackpacker".

Ya it's Neil buddy, what do you want??, the "Archives Box Set Project", well all yal guys and gals will be dead and gone by the time that puppy comes out ;) , all joking aside I called Bruce and got all the info I needed, I was just wondering if anybody had anything to say about his custom cases for the Arca cameras as somebody might be doing something I have not thought of as to the way they are packing the camera.

Anyway I am going to have him build me a case for hiking and backpacking and will be getting a Lightware 912 for storage at home and when shooting not far from the car, thanks, Neil

Jorge Gasteazoro
30-Apr-2008, 06:47
I got mine for the 8x10 and it works wonderfully. You wont regret it, much better than any camera backpack.

You can see my set up in this thread.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=35269