PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me something about Arca-Swiss 6x12/120 (4x5) roll film back

MAX_1650
8-Jan-2001, 01:51
Is it great and easy to use?

Glenn Kroeger
8-Jan-2001, 11:04
I believe that the 6x12 Arca-Swiss is a Horseman back like the 6x7 and 6x9 versions. These Horseman backs have very good reputations for reliability. I use the 6x9 versions and am very happy with their performance.

Ellis Vener
8-Jan-2001, 11:55
I think a more accurate assessment is that it is made by the same company that makes Horseman backs. Other than that I agree with Glenn's assesment. I've owned the Horseman 6x12 /120 back and liked it. It is easy to use and load.

MAX_1650
8-Jan-2001, 22:08
But, I found some information like this:Product Information

"6 exposures. Fits international standard 4x5 cameras. Arca Swiss 120 roll film holders feature smooth, positive film transport, maintain plane film surface, eliminate interior light reflections and are easy-to-use. They are professionally designed and are built to the highest quality standards."

What dose "international standard 4X5 cameras" mean? Can I use this roll holder on any 4X5 cameras like a standard sheet holder? Actually I am interested in this film holder: "Slide-in type holders: These holders are flat because the film spools are at one end. They can be inserted under the ground glass like a sheet film holder. Almost all the cameras accept them". Anybody knows that? Thank you.

Ellis Vener
8-Jan-2001, 22:30
International back = Graflock attachment points. To use these style ("humpback") you have to remove the groundglass frame and use the graflock sliding bars to lock the back into place.

The SINAR and Toyo roll film holders will slide into place underneath the groundglass frame like standard film holders.

Glenn Kroeger
8-Jan-2001, 23:36
Max, Ellis... just for jollies, here is a quote from a Horseman catalog (circa 1991):

"Every Horseman roll film holder features smooth, positive film transport, maintains plane film surface and eliminates interior light reflections. Horseman film holders are as easy to use as they are professionally designed and built to the highest quality standards"