PDA

View Full Version : Dark Slide for Polaroid 550

downhome11138
11-Apr-2008, 14:36
I recently purchased a Polaroid 550 4x5 film holder. But it didn't come with a dark slide. Does anyone know where I might find one? Until I find one I assume I'm stuck with the holder on until I finish the pack. Not ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ash
11-Apr-2008, 15:21
It shouldn't have been sold without the darkslide. If you can't find one I can measure up and photograph my slide so you could get a piece of sheet metal cut and filed to size?

downhome11138
11-Apr-2008, 15:37
Thanks for offering to photograph and size. If I can't find a Polaroid replacement then I'll take you up on it.

lenser
11-Apr-2008, 16:29
I don't know about the 550, but I've got an older pack holder for 4x5 that I bought with a partially broken slide. I replaced it with one from a 4x5 film holder that I trimmed down and sanded thinner (to match the thickness of the original).

You might find an extra 4x5 slide and measure the width of the opening and trim it to fit. A few minutes with automotive grade sandpaper will thin it down enough to slide easily. Get the dust off with a damp cloth.

If, like mine, you have a bit too much length, just trim that off as well.

Tim