PDA

View Full Version : Schneider super angulon F/8 75mm

jstalpaert
10-Apr-2008, 04:43
I bought this lens mounted on a Sinar lens board. Would like to mount it on a Linhof technika boad for my Tachihara 4X5 camera. Does anybody know which lens board I should buy? Thanks :confused:

Brian Ellis
10-Apr-2008, 06:50
The 75mm SA takes a board with a cut-out for a Copal 0 shutter. Brands could be any that are the Technika dimensions - Technika, Tachihara, Ebony, the various Technika knock-offs sold by MidWest Photo Exchange and Adorama, etc.

Peter K
10-Apr-2008, 08:38
I bought this lens mounted on a Sinar lens board. Would like to mount it on a Linhof technika boad for my Tachihara 4X5 camera. Does anybody know which lens board I should buy? Thanks :confused:
The SA 1:8/75mm is mounted in a Compur shutter size 0 or Compur 1. Shutter size 0 needs a hole of 34.6 mm in the lensboard and shutter size 1 needs 41.6 mm. Shutter size 0 can also mounted in a recessed Technika lens-board.

mrladewig
10-Apr-2008, 11:44
The SA 1:8/75mm is mounted in a Compur shutter size 0 or Compur 1.

I don't think so. I've seen it mounted in a Compur #00 or a Compur #0. It may come in a Prontor #1 (which I suppose is also a standard #1 shutter), but I can't imagine any reason for the 75/8 to come in a Compur #1. The Compur #00 requires an odd size board that is not commonly stocked and if its the 75/8 I saw recently it was in a #0 shutter. This shutter would have a retaining ring roughly 1" in diameter. The Copmur #0 is roughly 1 3/8" diameter. The Compur #0 is the same size as a Copal #0. You can but a Shen Hao technika style board from Badger Graphic for Copal 0 for example.

Peter K
10-Apr-2008, 13:28
The first series where mounted in a Compur #00 shutter, later in Compur #0 and the last series where mounted alternatively in both shutters Compur #0 and Compur #1.

The Compur #00 needs a hole of 26,3mm for the retaining ring with a thread of M25.0-0.5 mm.

jstalpaert
10-Apr-2008, 14:30
Thank you for your replies. The lens is mounted on a synchro-compur shutter.

Peter K
10-Apr-2008, 17:42
Thank you for your replies. The lens is mounted on a synchro-compur shutter.
Synchro Compur shutters where made in the sizes #00, #0, #1, #2 and #3.

BOB BERESFORD
15-Jun-2008, 08:25
Comment - Copal shutters are way better than Synchro Compur. And if going to use a few Technika boards, why not make your own ? Not difficult.

Peter K
15-Jun-2008, 08:43
Comment - Copal shutters are way better than Synchro Compur.
Can you explain this please.

BOB BERESFORD
16-Jul-2008, 07:08
Hi Peter

My experience with the older shutters is that the Synchro Compurs need too much servicing - the Seikos ( eg in Mamiya Press lenses ) are far better and the Copals are a quantum leap again. New Synchros may be good.

About the lensboards - have been meaning to start a new thread on it since much can be said - and contributed. Will do that soon.

IanG
16-Jul-2008, 09:46
I think you'll find many peoples experience is just the opposite, the Copals being less reliable. Just had one CLA'd because the slow speed were sticky.

My 75mm f8 SA is mounted in a Copal 0.0. There's a a couple of board that will fit a Tachihara for Compur/Copal 0 still for sale on this forum, I bought 2 a couple of days ago the seller has one left, and theres also another seller with a Linhof board.

Just clarifying something I've read earlier in this thread, my Copal 0 shutters and Copal 0.0's and also the Synchro Compur's of my 65mm f8 SA & 90mm f6.8 Angulon all fit the same size lens board.

Ian

mrladewig
18-Jul-2008, 12:09
I would agree with IanG. The Compurs are extremely well made and seem to me a much finer piece of equipment than the Copals. I have 5 lenses. Three in 1971-1972 Synchro Compurs. Two in 1980s Copals. One of the Compurs, a #0 needed a CLA as it was running a bit slow in 0F (-18C) weather, got the CLA and runs perfectly, all the way from 1 sec to 1/500. The other two Compurs (a #0 and #00) are still doing fine at nearly 40 years old. One of the Copals is probably going to need a CLA in a while.

I don't see any reliability issue with the Compurs, especially considering they are a good ten years older than the Copals I have.