PDA

View Full Version : Another Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Jan Pedersen
5-Apr-2008, 12:05
Sorry, no photos of the box this time :p
Yesterday, only 3 days after my new Chamonix 810 was shipped from Hangzhou China it was at my front door. Amazing!
Thanks to Hugo and the skilled craftmen at Chamonix. They knew i was exited to get the new camera and shipped before they had the 5x7 back ready, the back will ship soon with no extra cost. Great service.
It is a dream to work this camera, everything is so smooth and the details of every little piece is worked to perfection. In addition to the camera the 2 8x10 film holders are almost to nice to use, maybe i will use them to display photos in instead.
Time to burn some film. :D
Here's a few quick digi snaps of Blondie II

Daniel_Buck
5-Apr-2008, 12:09
beautiful :-) How much does it weigh?

Jan Pedersen
5-Apr-2008, 12:17
Thanks, not sure about the weigth. My scale tops at 7 pound but i would guess not much more than 8 pound. Feels like a feather compared to my B&J

ericantonio
5-Apr-2008, 16:49
Wow! I'm waiting for my July 4x5 order.
What does those 8x10's set you back on your Amex?

Jan Pedersen
5-Apr-2008, 17:47
One good thing about waiting 6 month, it gave me time enough to get the money together so i didn't have to use Amex ;)
Not cheap but thinking it will be my last 8x10 camera i think it is worth the 2,765$ give or take. The weak $ is most likely causing the price to go up.
Good luck with your 4x5 it's worth the wait.

jan

Scott --
5-Apr-2008, 18:01
Congratulations, Jan - that's a beaut.

Jan Pedersen
5-Apr-2008, 18:14
Thanks Scott, it really is and i can't wait to take Blondie to the Joshua Tree NM (CA) next week. It was love at first sight ;)

ericantonio
6-Apr-2008, 07:25
One good thing about waiting 6 month, it gave me time enough to get the money together so i didn't have to use Amex ;)
Not cheap but thinking it will be my last 8x10 camera i think it is worth the 2,765$ give or take.

jan

Hmmm, heard that before...."it'll be my last [insert camera equipment here]." :)

Ben Calwell
6-Apr-2008, 07:36
That's a great looking camera. What tripod head are you using?

Jan Pedersen
6-Apr-2008, 10:38
Hmmm, heard that before...."it'll be my last [insert camera equipment here]."

No, the last 8x10 only ;)

My tripod head is a Manfrotto 3275, same as the Bogen 410 Works very well even with my old B&J which is much heavier than the max load of this head.

Kirk Keyes
6-Apr-2008, 12:51
Dammit, Jan - you sure Joshua can't wait until after Tuesday???

Jan Pedersen
6-Apr-2008, 13:43
Hehe, no way. Need some sun after all this cold and rain :)
Hope the new meeting place will be be worth a visit next month to.

xmishx
6-Apr-2008, 13:56
Jan,

That is indeed a beautiful camera! Congratulations!

Ted

audioexcels
6-Apr-2008, 17:54
Amazing. Simply delicious. Now will the Nikkor 150 be going to work? or do you use the slightly longer than 150 lengths as your normal lens? I think I remember you using the 210 or the 240.

Cheers and thanks for the post. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

eddie
6-Apr-2008, 18:23
WHERE IS MINE?!?!?!!?!?

LOL!

enjoy!

Jan Pedersen
6-Apr-2008, 18:24
Thanks Ted and Mike.
The Nikon 150SW is on my wish list so i can't quite use it yet ;) Have a 159 Wolly coming so the 150SW is put on the back burner for now.
The 240 and 305 seems to be "normal" lenses but i like variation and tend to use other focal lenght as much.

jan

Jimmy Peguet
7-Apr-2008, 23:38
It's nice, congratulations !

I have of course read other threads on the camera, but can't remember : how does the rigidity compare to a Phillips ? Is it an easy and "clear" camera to set and use in the field ?

Jimmy

CP Goerz
8-Apr-2008, 10:58
Wow!! I THINK I saw a Chamonix!!! It was being put in the trunk of a car and it was about two miles away but I am SURE it was a Chamonix...WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! I also saw a cardboard box that 'may' have been used to ship a Chamonix, I'm not sure but I'm going to sell it on ebay so check it out!!!!!!