PDA

View Full Version : Ser7-52mm adapter ring

Mark Sampson
4-Apr-2008, 07:05
Sometimes it's the littlest things that cause the problem. I'm just trying to bring an old lens into the modern era. I have one of these adapters, for another lens, but that one was hard to find 15 years ago. They seem to be no easier to find today. I checked a place in NH called "filter connection" but as I read their site, they don't have anything like that. Does anyone know of a source?

Pete Roody
4-Apr-2008, 07:40
Sometimes it's the littlest things that cause the problem. I'm just trying to bring an old lens into the modern era. I have one of these adapters, for another lens, but that one was hard to find 15 years ago. They seem to be no easier to find today. I checked a place in NH called "filter connection" but as I read their site, they don't have anything like that. Does anyone know of a source?

Lens and Repro has Tiffen adapters that should work. These are universal adapters that fit lens diameters from 45mm to 67mm. The adapter accepts Series 8 and 67mm filters.

Mark Tweed
4-Apr-2008, 08:53
B&H Photo has these for $10. Here's the item number.

B&H # GBAR52S7

Mark

Mark Sampson
4-Apr-2008, 12:08
Thanks Mark, but that adapter turns a 52mm thread into a Series 7 (c.54mm).
It's just the reverse of what I'm looking for.

BrianShaw
4-Apr-2008, 13:19
I've bought adapters from this chap, several times now, with great success.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Series-VII-7-Adapter-Ring-Holder-Screw-On-Push-On_W0QQitemZ130211298971QQihZ003QQcategoryZ30059QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mark Tweed
4-Apr-2008, 13:49
You might be right on B&H's listing. I'd try calling them to confirm to see if they have the ring you're looking for. Another source I've used besides the internet (which has gobs of them) is The Camera People out of Bayfield Colorado. Their number is 970.884.6045.

Mark

Hiro
4-Apr-2008, 20:10
Mark S.,
I happen to have one such adapter, "TIFFEN SERIES 7 TO 52M," with 54mm male and 52mm female. It's one of those "maybe someday" items, but I'd rather see it in use now. Pls. email or PM if what I paid for plus shipping (like $10 in US) sounds OK.