PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

Dan Regan
4-Apr-2008, 06:43
Hi Guys,
stumbled across the forum a few nights ago, and boy am I glad that I did!

I recently graduated from school, majored in Fine Art B&W, in which i shot almost primarily 4x5, and I also minored in Digital arts, in which i made Digitally printed negatives from scanned 120 and 4x5 and also digital captures. I eventually made Platinum's and cyanotpyes from them.

Hopefully being around here will get me motivated, as I regretably haven't shot much, besides weddings, since I graduated last June.

I was forced to get a full time job, which I work 60hours a week at, so there isn't too much time that I feel like shooting. Also I find it difficult to get back into things, because I moved back to an area that I can't really find a lab, or even a place to develop my negs.

I am planning on building a UV box in my back kitchen, along with hopefully a room to load/dev.

Well, enough rambling. Hopefully I will become inspired again!:)

Vick Vickery
4-Apr-2008, 06:50
Welcome to group therepy! Workin' 60 hours a week might be good for your career (though bosses come to expect it!) but it ain't good for you or your social life! :(

Dan Regan
4-Apr-2008, 08:36
Welcome to group therepy! Workin' 60 hours a week might be good for your career (though bosses come to expect it!) but it ain't good for you or your social life! :(

yeah, the missus isn't too thrilled about it most of the time either.

Ron Marshall
4-Apr-2008, 09:34
Welcome to the forum Dan. Hope you can find the time for LF!

Ralph Barker
4-Apr-2008, 10:31
Welcome to the LF Forum, Dan. If you haven't already found it, you may find the "LF Home Page" link in the blue navigation bar helpful, too.

John Bowen
4-Apr-2008, 12:14
Dan,

Check through the other threads. Ted Harris is hosting a LF get together in a few weeks somewhere in middle New Hampshire. I think he is expecting about 19 to show up for a day or 2 of shooting (both photographs and I'm sure more than a littel bull)

Welcome to the LF forum

Ted Harris
4-Apr-2008, 12:23
Welcome Dan,

The thread John referred to is here http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33731

My place is on Route 4A about 900 feet up the mountainside across from Lake Mascoma in Enfield. Yell quick if you are interested cause the group is getting large.

Welcome to the Forum too .....

Dan Regan
5-Apr-2008, 09:16
Welcome Dan,

The thread John referred to is here http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33731

My place is on Route 4A about 900 feet up the mountainside across from Lake Mascoma in Enfield. Yell quick if you are interested cause the group is getting large.

Welcome to the Forum too .....

Ahh I would have loved to go, but I unfortunately have to work that weekend :(

Hector.Navarro
5-Apr-2008, 14:07
welcome to the forum Dan.

John Kasaian
6-Apr-2008, 22:19
Welcome aboard! :)