PDA

View Full Version : Any Italian LF shooters!!

tim810
3-Apr-2008, 13:57
Hi,
I am going to Italy the last week in June and the first week in July. As soon as I have my itinerary I will post it. I am going on a tour with my girlfriend and her parents but will make sure a camera comes along (4x5 possibly)

I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for shooting in Italy and "cant Miss" places.

Thanks in advance!!
Tim

eddie
3-Apr-2008, 14:31
i am an italian LF shooter....BUT....i live in NY!

har har har!

Ash
3-Apr-2008, 14:39
Italy is amazing, good luck setting up anything on a tripod in the busy areas though. You might just get tourists in the shot!

Of course Rome is a must-see, if not photo. Goes without saying all the sites within the centre (colosseum etc). Sorrento is really nice too.

I'm no good with any better info, I've not been in 3 years.

tim810
3-Apr-2008, 14:48
I am looking at bringing a speed graphic for hand held shooting as well as a 6x6 TLR. I don't want to have a really heavy tripod so weight will be at a minimum. Rome and Sorrento are both covered in the tour. I wish I wasn't attached to a tour, but I guess I will make due till next trip. Thank you Ash

domenico Foschi
3-Apr-2008, 15:09
"I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for shooting in Italy and "cant Miss" places."
Venezia
Firenze
Perugia
Tuscany landscape (look at Paula Chamlee's work)
Alps
Southern Italian coastline(Sicilia, Puglia, Campania, Basilicata and Calabria regions)
I can give you countless spots but it really depend what your interest and "style" of shooting are.
When I go back home I found myself completely free and I can find good images almost everywhere.

Renato Tonelli
3-Apr-2008, 15:27
I will be there (Pontremoli - Tuscany)at about the same time as you. Shooting with a tripod in crowded tourist cities might be a problem unless you're up at the crack of dawn; small towns are never a problem. My only advice is not to try to cover too much ground: concentrate on a small area or town. Let me know your itinerary.

jetcode
3-Apr-2008, 17:21
Cinque Terre