PDA

View Full Version : Fotak film holders?

John Kasaian
1-Apr-2008, 16:42
I just came across some----I've never heard of them before so I as wondering if anyone here has used them, and if they're a good brand (or something to be avoided!)

Odd makes are an interesting study in themselves. For example I've yet to come across a Burk and James film holder that hasn't been worn out, OTOH I've got a few Bacos that look like a raccoon has been chewing on them and are still light tight and functional!

I guess it is part of the fun of being a bottom feeder:)

How do Fotaks compare with better known makes like Liscos, Anscos and Graflex?

Cheers!

audioexcels
1-Apr-2008, 17:52
I just came across some----I've never heard of them before so I as wondering if anyone here has used them, and if they're a good brand (or something to be avoided!)

Odd makes are an interesting study in themselves. For example I've yet to come across a Burk and James film holder that hasn't been worn out, OTOH I've got a few Bacos that look like a raccoon has been chewing on them and are still light tight and functional!

I guess it is part of the fun of being a bottom feeder:)

How do Fotaks compare with better known makes like Liscos, Anscos and Graflex?

Cheers!

Is this a new company that makes a variety of sizes of holders?

John Kasaian
1-Apr-2008, 20:04
These are old, possibly pre-cambrian ;) and made of wood---like most of my other film holders :D

Glenn Thoreson
1-Apr-2008, 20:42
I have a few of those. If they're light tight and clean, they're as good as anything else. Without having one in hand, I seem to remember them as being ultra light, too. Good is good and junk is junk, no matter what the brand.

Don Hutton
1-Apr-2008, 21:11
Good is good and junk is junk, no matter what the brand....Angelo Mozilo, Countrywide 2008 - RIP

John Kasaian
1-Apr-2008, 21:20
I have a few of those. If they're light tight and clean, they're as good as anything else. Without having one in hand, I seem to remember them as being ultra light, too. Good is good and junk is junk, no matter what the brand.

Thanks! They might be worth a try :)