PDA

View Full Version : Help with bellows

Simon Benton
28-Mar-2008, 14:48
Can any of the forum experts identify which camera these bellows fit. I was told they were probably for a 4X5 Plaubel but they do not fit the old Plaubel 4X5 Peco I have.
The bellows frame is 6 7/8 X 6 7/8. I have 2 pairs and one extends about 12 inches and the other about 17 inches.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Peter K
28-Mar-2008, 17:34
I'm not shure this are camera bellows at all. Possible from another optical device.

john collins
28-Mar-2008, 18:15
There are machines that use bellows to cover moving parts - I agree with Peter, I don't think these are camera bellows.

Glenn Thoreson
30-Mar-2008, 12:58
Some of the Fatif cameras used bellows with a mount that look similar to this.

Kuzano
30-Mar-2008, 13:06
Some of the Fatif cameras used bellows with a mount that look similar to this.

Yep, I had a Fatif (Italian... still made) and that looks like the bellows. The camera was a TANK.... overbuilt and precision controls. I think the web site is www.fatif.com

Kuzano
30-Mar-2008, 13:08
then go to fotografia professianale, then click the link to ds2 to see the Fatif DS2 from Milano Italy. Where were you when I needed a bellows for my DS2????

Simon Benton
30-Mar-2008, 19:17
Thanks to everyone for the information. Certainly looks like bellows for a Fatif. I will do some more checking to see if I can make a 100% identification and if so will do a post to check if anyone can make use of them.

Kuzano
30-Mar-2008, 20:32
Thanks to everyone for the information. Certainly looks like bellows for a Fatif. I will do some more checking to see if I can make a 100% identification and if so will do a post to check if anyone can make use of them.

Well, I bought my Fatif on eBay and was thrilled with the construction and precision of the movements. However, when I couldn't get any response from Fatif re a replacement bellows and could not find one, I sold it on eBay again and it went to a fellow in Singapore. So, unless he had better luck than I did, he needs one. It's a very special bellows and I am kind of glad I was never quoted a price....???