PDA

View Full Version : Bellows from Hong Kong

lungovw
24-Mar-2008, 16:12
Hi group,

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Linhof-4x5-Technica-Bellows_W0QQitemZ320231154080QQihZ011QQcategoryZ29981QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Did anybody buy bellows from this supplier? I wrote them asking about the material they use and got no answer. I would like to know something about the overall quality.

Thanks for any comments

Rgds

Wagner

Martin Miksch
24-Mar-2008, 17:09
He has over 11.000 feedbacks, 99,3% positive so I would trust him.
Regards
Martin

Oortti
24-Mar-2008, 22:56
I've recently ordered bellows from this seller for my Toyo. I'll let you know about the material when it arrives (probably later part of this week).

Oortti
15-Apr-2008, 10:08
Hello all.

I finally received replacement bellows from china. Quality seems fine, if not great and fitting for Toyo was a no-brainer. Definetely worth the 69 USD.

Michael Graves
15-Apr-2008, 14:00
I bought one as well. As Oortti says. Not luxury, but as good as the OEM I took off. Maybe better. I've owned four Toyos in my life and had to replace two of the bellows because of pinholes. The 810M, I purchased new. Doesn't say much for their OEM quality.

Kuzano
15-Apr-2008, 15:48
I bought one of these, and the experience was good in terms of the auction. It looks like a decent quality bellows. Thin if anything, but light tight, it folds down to just over an inch thick compressed. I needed one for a Super Graphic and the listing I bought from specifically said Super Speed Graphic. So, I guess I will say, they do not know what a Super Speed Graphic is, because it did not have the wiring for the front shutter solenoid inserted. Also, the front measurements were much bigger than the front bellows mount out of the Graflex. Too big to use. I had verified by contact asking about the wiring and they did respond that it did not.

So, my experience might conclude that they are guessing on which cameras these fit.

However, I do have a gutted Tachihara that the bellow does fit on, so I still plan to use it because it looks like it has a 12 inch draw (stretched as far as I would stretch it comfortably) and the front and rear measurements will work on the Tachi, if not the Graflex.

Inner dimension of the hole in front 3.5 inch square, front outer dimension 4.5 inch square. Rear, inner dimension 5X4.8 inches, rear outer, just shy of 6 inches square.

Navy Moose
15-Apr-2008, 16:07
I've been told by numerous people that Toyo OEM bellows were junk. I got a replacement bellows sans mounting hardware from a firm in either Shanghai or Hong Kong, I can't remember. It ran me around $65. I haven't replaced my OEM bellows yet, tests I ran this past weekend will let me know if need to.

tmu
16-Apr-2008, 03:32
I've recently ordered bellows from this seller for my Toyo.

Did the seller have bellows specifically made for Toyo 45A or do the bellows sold as "Toyo Super Graphic 4x5 Technica Bellows" fit a 45A?

Navy Moose
20-Apr-2008, 14:30
I've been told by numerous people that Toyo OEM bellows were junk. I got a replacement bellows sans mounting hardware from a firm in either Shanghai or Hong Kong, I can't remember. It ran me around $65. I haven't replaced my OEM bellows yet, tests I ran this past weekend will let me know if need to.
I got my prints back from the test I ran and I did not see any leaks. The bellows I got from E-Bay will stay in a climate controlled area until it is needed.

EuGene Smith
20-Apr-2008, 21:13
Who is this bellows maker that several of you have ordered bellows from? It might be best to send their eBay name or an item # or their e-mail address to me via PM. Don't want to break any rules about posting links to offline sellers who are not sponsors here.

EuGene

EuGene Smith
22-Apr-2008, 06:59
DUH!! I don't know why I had the idea that the bellows maker I was asking about in my last query was a different one than the one in the link at the beginning of this thread . . . no wonder that I fall asleep at my desk so often.

In fact, I have bought from those folks before. A couple of months ago, on eBay, I bought a really nice film changing bag from them. Cost, best I recall, about $25, shipped. I didn't check their store listings, so I wasn't aware that they also sold bellows

vann webb
22-Apr-2008, 08:11
I bought a Toyo to Sinar lensboard adaptor from the seller listed at the top of the thread so that I can swap back and forth from my sinar f2 to the 110mm size toyo without remounting lenses. It works like a charm, is good quality, and cost me 69 bucks, IIRC. I would buy from him again for sure. The lensboard adaptor also lets me save a bunch of space in my bag due to the fact that the toyo 110mm lensboards are much smaller than the sinar boards.