PDA

View Full Version : Can somone check a Korona front tilt mechanism?

ericantonio
24-Mar-2008, 08:12
Hola!

I've recently seen some pictures of a Korona with front tilt on the innernet. I have a good working 8x10 Korona with front tilt and swing.

At the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position, there are 2 numbs that go inside the front standard. This makes the front tilt and go back. But my numbs are kinda worn down or they are dug into the wood.

I've just seen a few pictures where there seems to be a washer in between. Like this:

frame_with_hole | washer | lensboard_frame_with_nub

Mine looks like this:

frame_with_hole | lensboard_frame_with_nub

I'm guessing my question is twofold. How do I replace that nub that is dug into the wood and is that washer actually there for a reason? Or just coincidence that the photos I've sen has them?

TIA

Doug Howk
24-Mar-2008, 16:55
I have an 8X10 Korona that includes front tilt & swing. When I bought it, the front standard was in bad shape.The wood section that holds the lensboard was loose. On one side the "nub" (which is like a bullet in shape) had worn thru the wood. I attached a piece of brass from backside, then filled the area around the nub with wood putty. Now it works quite smoothly. Mine did not come with any washers around the nub. The long term solution would be to replace the wood.

ericantonio
24-Mar-2008, 20:14
I have an 8X10 Korona that includes front tilt & swing. When I bought it, the front standard was in bad shape.The wood section that holds the lensboard was loose. On one side the "nub" (which is like a bullet in shape) had worn thru the wood. I attached a piece of brass from backside, then filled the area around the nub with wood putty. Now it works quite smoothly. Mine did not come with any washers around the nub. The long term solution would be to replace the wood.

What sucks is the wood is in real good shape. Its just the piece in the inside. I'm carpentry challenged as well.