PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Chamonix!!!!

F-Liner
23-Mar-2008, 19:05
Looks like another Chamonix 4x5 owner has put the camera up on the auction site...

Brian Vuillemenot
23-Mar-2008, 19:55
Let me guess- you're the seller. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "Chamonix this, Chamonix that" on this website. A year or two down the road it'll be another camera.

Brian Ellis
23-Mar-2008, 20:09
He's not the seller, I am.

Capocheny
23-Mar-2008, 21:47
Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "Chamonix this, Chamonix that" on this website. A year or two down the road it'll be another camera.

I have to agree with your comment above... it's certainly not like somebody is listing a custom-made, sold gold Arca Swiss F-Line 141!

For God's sake... it's only a Chamonix camera (albeit a beautiful camera but still... only a beautiful camera that isn't ALL that rare!)

Or, if it's a solid Gold Rolls Royce to be used to lug the kit around... that would be the time for pomp and ceremony!!! :)

Good luck on the sale Brian!

Cheers

Mark Carstens
23-Mar-2008, 21:56
Hell, I can't even pronounce it (Sham-o-nicks ???) -- probably best that I don't own one then, huh? :p

Pretty little camera, though ...good luck with the sale, Brian.

BTW, like the ebay call sign. :D I always wondered who billybudbarker was.

~Mark

F-Liner
24-Mar-2008, 06:59
Thanks Brian. Best wishes on the sale. Btw, what format are you changing to?

Brian Ellis
24-Mar-2008, 07:01
Hell, I can't even pronounce it (Sham-o-nicks ???) -- probably best that I don't own one then, huh? :p

Pretty little camera, though ...good luck with the sale, Brian.

BTW, like the ebay call sign. :D I always wondered who billybudbarker was.

~Mark

I have no idea why I came up with that name, when ebay stopped using email addresses and needed names, for some reason it just popped into my head. Maybe I was listening to too much country music. : - ) But I don't sell on ebay very often, I'm surprised that you remembered it.

BradS
24-Mar-2008, 07:10
Let me guess- you're the seller. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "Chamonix this, Chamonix that" on this website. A year or two down the road it'll be another camera.

Agreed. I'm glad somebody finally spoke up. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. There are many beautiful cameras being made. I'm glad this one has given rise to a bit of a buzz in the community but, really, it is getting to be a bit nauseating.

Alan Davenport
24-Mar-2008, 07:26
There's nothing wrong with a little communal buzzing! Very few newcomers are willing to shell out $2K or more for their entry camera. Personally, I'm thrilled to see any new alternative to a 50 year old Speed Graphic, and if I were in the market for a camera I'd be bidding.

Kuzano
24-Mar-2008, 08:41
Whatever happened to good ole marketing and capitalism. Now I gotta go hunt for the dam listing. Is there some rule here... All the other forums would have included a link, or at least an item number on eBay. :mad:

Jiri Vasina
24-Mar-2008, 10:41
Kuzano, I don't see a problem here. If you check the previous posts, you can see clearly the sellers name (nick). And finding items from a particular seller is pretty straightforward...

Should it be too much, the number is 200209028295.

Kuzano
24-Mar-2008, 11:10
Kuzano, I don't see a problem here. If you check the previous posts, you can see clearly the sellers name (nick). And finding items from a particular seller is pretty straightforward...

Should it be too much, the number is 200209028295.

Actually, I teach eBay classes at our Community College in Bend Oregon. I don't have a problem with finding the item. In fact, I found it and the seller is in my town. Sorry if my post came across as either lazy or malevolent. However, when I find an item that may be of interest to a group forum that I frequent, I consider it a courtesy to grab the link, or the item number (Since I am there anyway) and post it with my alert to the group.

Thanks for the assist in any event.

BradS
24-Mar-2008, 13:19
I think that linking to the item is kinda frowned upon - especially if it is your item. On the other hand when the nature of the post is... "look at the outrageous prices being bid for this or that" then, it seems to be ok...

Capocheny
24-Mar-2008, 13:41
In fact, I found it and the seller is in my town.

Hi Kuzano,

Heck, since Brian lives in the same town... bid often, and bid high until you win it.

It really looks like a beautiful camera and, best of all, look at all the money you'd save in shipping costs! :) :D

Cheers

Kuzano
24-Mar-2008, 17:12
Hi Kuzano,

Heck, since Brian lives in the same town... bid often, and bid high until you win it.

It really looks like a beautiful camera and, best of all, look at all the money you'd save in shipping costs! :) :D

Cheers

Well, I am seriously considering a Chamonix, but I just spent $600 of my March Camera Madness money on another camera, and I don't think the Seller would like to wait until my April Camera Madness money (Fourth Week of each month).

Oh Well. There's another batch in process I suspect.

BTW, Brian, do you go to the Cascade Camera Club functions?

Brian Ellis
24-Mar-2008, 20:59
Well, I am seriously considering a Chamonix, but I just spent $600 of my March Camera Madness money on another camera, and I don't think the Seller would like to wait until my April Camera Madness money (Fourth Week of each month).

Sure do. In fact I'm an officer in the Club. Do you go? I know of four other LF photographers in Bend, you're the fifth. Two besides me are active in the Club. Interesting that there are at least six of us in a town Bend's size. I don't think there were that many in Tampa.

Craig Roberts
24-Mar-2008, 21:18
Skill in photography is acquired is by practice not purchase. Craig

Capocheny
25-Mar-2008, 09:29

Hi Kuzano,

The old saying is, "You'll never know if you don't ask!" :)

Same photo club too!

Small world. :)

Cheers

Sal Santamaura
25-Mar-2008, 10:21
...Interesting that there are at least six of us in a town Bend's size. I don't think there were that many in Tampa.Not surprising considering how LF photography and mountains are associated. What's the name of that range near Tampa? :)

Kuzano
25-Mar-2008, 10:30
Not surprising considering how LF photography and mountains are associated. What's the name of that range near Tampa? :)

Don't forget the rivers, streams, high desert, juniper and sage, pine forests, Elk, Deer and Antelope (playing of course), etc. etc. etc.

Range? Tampa? I thought the highest elevation in Fla was between 400 and 500 feet. A myth about Florida maybe?

To Brian... Just joined last year and go fairly regularly. Surely enjoyed the Photoshop exercise/contest last week.

Sal Santamaura
25-Mar-2008, 11:26
...Range? Tampa? I thought the highest elevation in Fla was between 400 and 500 feet. A myth about Florida maybe?...The reason for my smiley was that the highest point in Florida is 345 feet above sea level. And that's up north, nowhere near Tampa. A supplement might help with irony deficiency. :)

audioexcels
25-Mar-2008, 14:30
The reason for my smiley was that the highest point in Florida is 345 feet above sea level. And that's up north, nowhere near Tampa. A supplement might help with irony deficiency. :)

Sal,

I think the Cliff overlooking the pier in San Clemente is higher...LOL!

If you have an opportunity, go down the coast hwy to 10th St. Laguna beach sometime in the fall/winter when no one is around. It's a delicious beach and would make a nice place to setup since no one is down there at that time of the year. Even in the summer, it can have some people, but it's very low profile. Must say, the girls/women/etc. that go there are hot as...anyhow...if you haven't walked those steepish stairs, it's a beach that reminds me in a way of HA with its ability to have these ultra clear/gorgeous waters, delicious whitey sands, and volcanic based rocks. It's about the only place down south that I care for...

Cheers!

audioexcels
25-Mar-2008, 14:32
How about we make a thread for any new Arca item that comes on Ebay that we haven't seen in months, years, EVER???:):):)

I'm sure those will see the Chamonix. I saw it the first day of its auction. Very pretty blonde indeed, but nothing close to the ones I've seen near Sal's San Clemente beaches;)...

Gary J. McCutcheon
25-Mar-2008, 19:27
Brian,

Just curious why your selling the Chamonix. Did you acquire another 4x5 or changing formats?