PDA

View Full Version : How can I pack the films to send to lab?

butterflydream
17-Mar-2008, 08:36
I used to develop my films myself for 135 and 120 formats, but for 4x5 I give them to the lab. I give them over in the plastic holders and later get the holders back.

I bought 6 x Grafmatic holders from ebay, which holds 36 sheets in total. Now I don't want to give over the holders to the lab.

How can I pack the films after exposure? When I have the original film package I can put the films back to it. But when I don't have what is the best way to pack the film? What would be the best packing / wrapping material? I thought about aluminum foil from the kitchen, but I'm afraid of scratch. :confused:

Ron Marshall
17-Mar-2008, 08:42
How can I pack the films after exposure? When I have the original film package I can put the films back to it. But when I don't have what is the best way to pack the film? What would be the best packing / wrapping material? I thought about aluminum foil from the kitchen, but I'm afraid of scratch. :confused:

Ask your lab, or someone on this forum to give you an empty film box.

domenico Foschi
17-Mar-2008, 08:55
Save the all the packaging material that comes with the film box.
The envelope where the film is contained is very important because minimizes the shifting of the film in the shipping so that it won't get scratched by the friction with each sheet against the other.
Then place the filled envelope in the original box, write all the film info in a sheet of paper that you tape to the box and you are good to go.
Seal the box with tape so that it won't open.
If I remember well you live in Los ANgeles, ask Freestyle or the Lab for empty boxes.