PDA

View Full Version : Nikkor 4x5 dev. tank

Chris Kulczycki
31-Aug-1998, 17:47
I found, and bought, an odd stainless steel developing tank at a swap meet. It l ooks like an over-grown two-reel roll film tank, but the "reel" actually holds 1 2 sheets of 4x5 film in a series of "pinwheel-like" slots. It looks like the ult imate 4x5 daylight tank, well made by Nikkor, seems to fill and drain fast, and it's easy to load. Has anyone else used one of these. Are they still made? And a re they as good as they seem at glance, or are there hidden problems?

Chris

Tony Brent
8-Sep-1998, 00:04
I know what you are talking about. I have never used one of those tanks, but I h ave seen a few.

I would think they will work fine. about the only caution might be to take it a little easy on the agitation until you see how your negatives turn out. It seeme d like there was a lot of flow patterns that could be set up that would result i n streaky development.

If you can get good even skies, then you are right on. Go for it.

Alec Jones
3-Oct-1998, 12:52
Make sure the "band", a metal band which clips around the middle after loading, is there. Otherwise, the sheets have a tendency to come out of the slots. They haven't been made for some time now, but work well.