PDA

View Full Version : Efke PL100 and ID11?

prvivozac
14-Mar-2008, 03:50
Hello everyone, I'm new in LF. I live in Croatia, so situation is next: there's no Ilford or Kodak BW films for large format. If I order it, ihave to wait about one or one month and half. But, here's Fotokemika, manufacruter of EfKE films, so I can buy their products.
I thought to start with FP4, but considering situation, I'd have to start with PL100.
And, here I can find only some of Ilford developers, and I use to develop my films with D76/ID11. So, how is the combination of PL100 and ID11, how the film behaves under 100 ASA? in the manual of the film reads the film mustn't be pulled under 100ASA. I see some guys rate it normally with Ropdinal or Pyrocat, but I canot buy these developers here. Anybody have some advice? I have one project to do in next half year and I'd like to have one film and get used to it.
Btw, Ill work with 9x12.

Thanks to everyone
Prvi Vozac

John Kasaian
14-Mar-2008, 08:46
Hello Prvi,

PL100 works just fine with D-76/ID-11. How you want to rate your speed for PL100 depends on the results you find acceptable and will require some experimenting. I like mine at 100 iso but your preferences may be different.

prvivozac
14-Mar-2008, 13:27
Hello Prvi,

PL100 works just fine with D-76/ID-11. How you want to rate your speed for PL100 depends on the results you find acceptable and will require some experimenting. I like mine at 100 iso but your preferences may be different.

Thanks on answer John. I didn't start making tests because I'm waiting for developer. But I'm interesting in N-1 or N-2 developing. due to advice of manufacturer, it doesn't seem to be possible. Maybe N-1.

Eric Rose
17-Mar-2008, 06:25
John what times do you use??