PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I ordered a Chamonix!

ericantonio
10-Mar-2008, 09:19
I've never been more excited to get a box that holds film since 1988 when I bought my first Hassy!
I ordered the darker one with the grey metal.
Time to sell off all my unused Nikons!
Time to sell off my Cambo!

Where do you guys get your Linhof lensboards?

Steve Hamley
10-Mar-2008, 09:33
Congrats, what format?

Jim at Midwest is a good source of boards.

Steve

ericantonio
10-Mar-2008, 09:34
Congrats, what format?

Jim at Midwest is a good source of boards.

Steve

Can only afford the 4x5. :)
I like my 8x10 Korona, I tell people it's about 90 years old and they love their pix taken.

BarryS
10-Mar-2008, 11:21
Congratulations Eric. I love my Chamonix and couldn't be happier with it, so I'm sure you'll be thrilled with yours. I bought some of my lens boards at Badger Graphic and they ended up sending Shen Hao brand boards, which are excellent quality.

Asher Kelman
10-Mar-2008, 11:27
Congratulations Eric. I love my Chamonix and couldn't be happier with it, so I'm sure you'll be thrilled with yours. I bought some of my lens boards at Badger Graphic and they ended up sending Shen Hao brand boards, which are excellent quality.

Which Chamonix did you order?

The Chamonix Carbon fiber lens boards (Sinar size) for the 8x10 are simple beautiful!

Asher

BigSteveG
11-Mar-2008, 11:02
so where can I see these wonders online? is there any website?

Brian Bullen
11-Mar-2008, 11:32
BigSteve search Chamonix on this website you can see plenty of pics. I think Chamonix is in the process of developing their website, so you'll have to wait for the official page.

BigSteveG
11-Mar-2008, 15:01
OK Brian

Clement Apffel
11-Mar-2008, 23:09
Congrats for your purchase Eric !

i also ordered one last month ;)

However, in the following of this, i would rise a question about recessed lensboards for the chamonix 4x5".

the technika off-center drilled doesn't seems to be the best option for this chamonix i assume.
then what kind of recessed lensboard can be use with the 045N-1 ?
Shen Hao's ?

Where do you guys get your Linhof lensboards?

thanks for any answers,

Maretzo
11-Mar-2008, 23:48
I ordered the darker one with the grey metal.

It is called the "Shadow". I should receive mine in less than 120 days!

Linhof board are available second hand at Keh.com

BarryS
12-Mar-2008, 04:19
There's no reason to buy the off-center drilled Technika boards, but they can be used with no problem. You're just robbing yourself of a little bit of front rise. I've bought some Shen Hao center drilled boards from Badger, and they're perfect. Any Technika board should be fine.

Rafael Garcia
12-Mar-2008, 14:14
Waiting for mine in June/July. Ordered the maple with black in December. It's a hard wait!

Songyun
14-Mar-2008, 14:49
There's no reason to buy the off-center drilled Technika boards, but they can be used with no problem. You're just robbing yourself of a little bit of front rise. I've bought some Shen Hao center drilled boards from Badger, and they're perfect. Any Technika board should be fine.
For the front rise, I have different opinion. Since Chamonix's bag bellow is not for sale yet. I found out that if you flip the front frame, that will give you 3mm front rise.:D