PDA

View Full Version : Any Wista shooters out there...

art gardiner
10-Mar-2008, 09:02
I'm been working with the SW45 and Schneider's APO "L" 150/5.6 for about a year now, and just added a 72 XL for a current project. My LF skills/knowledge is pretty limited, and need some help with lens board suggestions. According to Wista's info, I don't need a bag bellows for anything larger than a 65mm lens; however, with the 72mm in a flat lens board attached to the standard bellows, I'm getting very little movement/focus range.

In looking at B&H's web site:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/70474-REG/Wista_214544_Recessed_Lensboard_Mounts.html

This lens board/bag bellows are recommended for lenses between 60-90mm. This seems to be conflicting with what Wista's literature says about use of standard bellows and <65mm lenses. While I'm sure a recessed lens board would be of assistance with regard to regaining some of the movements/focus range, Wista does not seem to make a recessed lens board for their standard bellows.

Can any one offer their experience, and or suggestions on how to proceed? Really, I can use all of the help I can get.

Thank you in advance.

Art

Bob Salomon
10-Mar-2008, 09:31
90mm and shorter should be on a recessed board on a Wista without an interchangeable bellows.

If you have a Wista with an interchangeable bellows you will find that the bag bellows and the recessed lens board will allow for the most movement with a 90 and shorter lens.

art gardiner
10-Mar-2008, 10:18
Bob,

Thank you for the quick reply. The Wista 4x5 I'm using has interchangeable bellows capability. Is this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/70474-REG/Wista_214544_Recessed_Lensboard_Mounts.html Wista combination my best bet, or is there another recessed lens board/bag bellow that I should be aware of?

Also, is there a chart or other info that shows the variations in "depth" for recessed lens boards, and which lens/camera models they correlate to? Or do all recessed lens boards have the same recessed depth? Sorry if this is a stupid (or obvious) question, but I'm trying to learn here.

Again, thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Art

Bob Salomon
10-Mar-2008, 11:11
The 214541 bellows and the 214544 recessed lensboard.

Wista only has one depth for their recessed boards. If you want other depths Linhof offers several choices.

art gardiner
10-Mar-2008, 11:41
Bob,

Again, thank you for all of your assistance.

Sincerely,

Art