PDA

View Full Version : NYC Gathering for the APUG Traveling Portfolio, Sunday, 30 March 2008, 2:30 p.m.

David A. Goldfarb
10-Mar-2008, 07:45
http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb/temp/TravelingPortfolioI,10Mar2008.jpg

So APUG Traveling Portfolio (I) is back in town, and I'd like to have another gathering at my place in Washington Heights (uptown from the previous location at 125th and Riverside), so local APUG and LF types can have a look at it. There is a NYC LF get together this coming weekend on March 15 (info at http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=33849 ) , and Easter is the following weekend, so I'm thinking the best time would be Sunday, March 30 at 2:30 p.m. In addition, I can pass around my collections of prints from other print exchanges and the APUG Postcard Exchange, and sometimes people bring some of their own work to show what they're up to, and we'll put out some wine and cheese and whatnot.

LF Forum members are welcome, of course, and you don't have to be an APUG member, and if you want to bring a portfolio of your own work it doesn't have to be analogue.

For those who aren't familiar with the project, the Traveling Portfolio is a portfolio of prints with about 15-20 participants. Each participant puts in a new print when it arrives and takes out their previous print and ships it on to the next participant. We've got two of these running now. There's some fine work in the portfolio, including a fantastic 8x10" contact print by Alex Hawley on Ron Mowrey's handcoated silver chloride paper, for those who are wondering about the viability of rolling their own Azoish paper.

RSVP by PM and I'll give you directions.

Pete Roody
12-Mar-2008, 15:53
David,

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the prints.

Pete

MenacingTourist
12-Mar-2008, 17:15
I have terrible timing when you're involved David. I'll be in DC that weekend for the ultimate weekend killer...a wedding. Just to be clear it's not my wedding. That weekend was pretty good as I recall :)

Alan.

David A. Goldfarb
12-Mar-2008, 17:40
See you there, Pete. Sorry you can't make it, Alan.

David A. Goldfarb
27-Mar-2008, 11:45
Just a reminder that the NYC-area gathering for the APUG Traveling Portfolio is this coming Sunday. Send me a PM for directions to our new place.

John Voss
27-Mar-2008, 14:12
Rats and more rats!! I'm gallery sitting from 1:00 to 6:00 for the last day of our show at the Wallkill River Gallery and my wife and I have to take it down later in the afternoon. Have fun, David. I'm very sorry I can't attend. :(

David A. Goldfarb
28-Mar-2008, 08:21
Okay, new plan. Since only two people have responded, and there's a free B&W nature photo workshop out at the Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Refuge, two of us thought we would just go to the workshop, and I could bring the Traveling Portfolio, and we could look at it after the workshop.

Here's the info for the workshop--

Black & White Photography with Alice M. Hughey
Date: March 30, 2008
Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Details:
Begin this adventure into black and white nature photography
by looking at images with artist Alice M. Hughey, then
migrate outdoors for some camera time with the photographer.
Dress for the weather. Bring a camera. Reservations required.

Fees:
FREE

Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge Visitor Contact Station
(718) 318-4340
-------------------------------------------------------------

And we're making some arrangements, coordinating rides and such in this thread--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum162/48430-free-b-w-nature-photography-workshop-nyc-sunday-3-30-a.html#post608317

Alex Wei
28-Mar-2008, 13:54
Hi, David, I can tag alone with you guys in the morning. I have some to do in the afternoon. This is good news for me.

Just made reservation. :) I will be at the visitor center in the morning.

David A. Goldfarb
28-Mar-2008, 14:05
Great! See you then.