PDA

View Full Version : 15 inch f9 Ilex Process Paragon

Pete Watkins
9-Mar-2008, 15:09
I'm in the middle of fitting this lens onto a board and making it possible to front mount my Copal 3 onto it. I tried the lens on my 11x14 and it appeared to cover. It was a dull day so I'm not sure. Has anybody got any information on the coverage that I can expect from this lens?
Many thanks,
Pete.

John Kasaian
9-Mar-2008, 19:34
Hey, I've got one of those! Or maybe I had one of those and sold it---I don't remember. IIRC it will cover 8x10, I don't know about 11x14 though---I've never tried it on an 11x14. My guess is that it would be similar to a 14" APO Artar in the coverage dept.
I bought it for an enlarging lens but f/9 was just too dim for focusing on my enlarger so I replaced it with a 229mm Ilex Copy Paragon which is a sweet lens.

Good luck! :)

Sanjay Sen
9-Mar-2008, 22:28
I have one of these, and it covers 8x10 quite well - by that I mean I haven't run out of coverage with movements. I cannot tell you about 11x14 coverage as 8x10 is the largest format I shoot with (at least for now!). Incidentally the lens I have came with an attached threaded ring that supposedly fits the front threads of an Ilex #5. I use this lens in barrel with the lens cap as a shutter.

eddie
10-Mar-2008, 04:37
i will be watching this thread.....a friend of mine just hooked me up with this lens on sat. i am still waiting for my 8x10 to show up so i can try it. sounds exciting!

keep us posted on what you find.

eddie

Jim Fitzgerald
10-Mar-2008, 06:41
I have one of these lenses also. Small and light. Mine covers my 8x20 stopped down. I'm going to use it on the 11x14 when I'm finished building it. Great sleeper of a lens. By the way I also have a 21 1/4" F-10. Does anyone know about this lens? I'm going to use this on the 11x14 also.

Jim