PDA

View Full Version : Creative Image Maker

vickersdc
6-Mar-2008, 09:13
Well, the new-look Creative Image Maker website is now up and running, with weekly articles. All the original articles are there - e.g. Scott Davis's platinum/palladium printing plus some new ones on polaroids and currently running we have a bit of a feature on cyanotypes.

I've had some feedback from people on the new look, as it's radically different from the previous site and the articles are now arranged on a weekly basis.

I want to make the site interesting and usable, so if you've already been and had a look, please let me know your thoughts (email info@creativeimagemaker.co.uk or PM me); if you haven't - stop by and let me know.

I'm also after any comments and ideas on future articles - there are several already in the offing, but it's your site as much as it is mine, so let me know what you'd like to see.

Thanks for all your support to date.
David Vickers.

vickersdc
11-Mar-2008, 13:24
Hi everyone,

I've added some extras on to the site - there's now a bookstore (US and UK versions) and a gallery. The gallery is based on a Flickr viewer and it will show images that are posted on to the Creative Image Maker pool on Flickr. It's just an experiment at the moment so your feedback is wanted please. The bookstore is done via Amazon and so it does mean that purchasing a book via the site allows me to recoup some of the cost of putting this all together(!) - 4% of the cost of the book goes towards keeping the site. Now, if you are in the US, due to how Amazon (US) works, I'll be getting vouchers rather than any hard-cash - and it is my intention that these vouchers can be used to buy a book which can then be used as a competition prize (for example), this way you'll get something back too.

Cheers,
David.