PDA

View Full Version : Jobo CPE-2 Plus

Ali Lewry
3-Mar-2008, 05:30
Hi guys,

I've had a Jobo CPE-2 Plus in my garage for ages and as I don't actually need it was thinking about selling it. Someone gave it to me years ago and I've never actually used it nor know exactly how it works. I wonder if anyone can help me figure out if I have all the relevant parts and how to check it's still working?

I can post some pics but I have such an assortment of random parts i'm not too sure which are meant to go with the Jobo!

I also have a similar problem with a Nova 16x12 4 tank processor.

Do you think these items are worth very much (if they work, of course)?

Thanks for your time and any advice you may have :)

Gary Beasley
3-Mar-2008, 14:25
Read up starting here:
http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/cpe2plus.htm

Ali Lewry
4-Mar-2008, 03:25
Thanks for that Gary :)

Still not sure whether it works but I guess I'll just specify this when I sell it.

venchka
4-Mar-2008, 08:51
A complete inventory would be in order. The tanks & reels are the most wanted items and the easiest to ship. Shipping the processor will cost a lot and may equal what it's worth.

eddie
4-Mar-2008, 09:05
fill it with water and try it. some have built in heaters others need a hot water source.

what i learned was that you need to have the pump on fro the heater to work on my cpp2. i sold it "non working" because when i tested it it did not heat.....because i did not have the pump on! DOH!

i was able to sell it for parts. many people need the motor. i had many many people after me to sell the motor. i think i got $75 for it. you could probably get more!

i had another alt 2 unit. about the same size as the cpp2. i shipped it to canada for about $115. it would have been cheaper in the USA for sure. the control head for the alt 2 unit is very heavy compared to the cpp2. so all in all you should be able to ship it for a reasonable amount. i shipped the alt 2 in two boxes.

eddie

BradS
4-Mar-2008, 10:18
A complete inventory would be in order. The tanks & reels are the most wanted items and the easiest to ship. Shipping the processor will cost a lot and may equal what it's worth.

The CPE is relatively small and light weight. I don't think it would cost so much to ship.

Ali Lewry
4-Mar-2008, 12:42
Thanks for all the great advice!

eddie - I'll try to make sure the pump is on! :D That's the sort of thing I'd do too...

As for shipping it I've never posted anything so big & heavy. I guess I'd have to box it up and get it weighed and stuff to figure it out. I just wasn't too sure if the postal cost would put most people off - I have no idea how much demand there is for these, especially as it's quite old and worn looking.

Thanks again! :)

Ole Tjugen
5-Mar-2008, 00:09
The CPE-2 Plus may not have a pump! At least my slightly older CPE-2 (no "Plus")doesn't.

It isn't too big to ship. I bought mine second-hand from Germany.

If it works, someone will want it. If someone thinks it's too small for their needs, refer them to this forum - somewhere I've described how I develop sheet films up to 12x16" with a CPE-2. And slide films up to 5x7" (so far).

shadowleaves
5-Mar-2008, 19:52
Hi Ali,

I'm interested in buying it. I'm a new user here (actually I just registered today), but I've a long buying/selling history on eBay (id: illuzatamoon). Please offer me a price (just drop me an email) and I'll consider it seriously. Thanks!

- Han

Hi guys,

I've had a Jobo CPE-2 Plus in my garage for ages and as I don't actually need it was thinking about selling it. Someone gave it to me years ago and I've never actually used it nor know exactly how it works. I wonder if anyone can help me figure out if I have all the relevant parts and how to check it's still working?

I can post some pics but I have such an assortment of random parts i'm not too sure which are meant to go with the Jobo!

I also have a similar problem with a Nova 16x12 4 tank processor.

Do you think these items are worth very much (if they work, of course)?

Thanks for your time and any advice you may have :)

Ali Lewry
6-Mar-2008, 04:46
Ah, thanks for the help Ole - um not sure about the pump I don't think there is. Maybe if I post some pictures later someone can let me know if i'm missing anything vital?

Han - wow I wasn't expecting any interest on here! Like I said, I'll post some pics later and see what you think.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me price it? I'm based in the UK.

Thanks all :-)