PDA

View Full Version : Photogravure

cyrus
1-Mar-2008, 20:17
Copper plate photogravure . . . finally did one decent one!

D. Bryant
1-Mar-2008, 20:30
Copper plate photogravure . . . finally did one decent one!
Looks like a very nice effort! How large is the print?

Don Bryant

cyrus
1-Mar-2008, 21:37
about 5x7 image area on 8x10

claudiocambon
4-Mar-2008, 09:48
Cyrus,

Looks great!

I just did my first workshop with Byron Brauchli in Xalapa, Veracruz less than a month ago, and had a great time. Have you taken any workshops, or are you teaching yourself with books?

I loved the process, but I thought that inking the plate was a lot harder than I had expected.

Happy etching and printing!

Claudio

cyrus
4-Mar-2008, 15:31
Yes, I did a workshop in Brooklyn with Lothar Osterburg
Highly recommended.
http://home.earthlink.net/~lotharosterburg/

Randy H
5-Mar-2008, 04:49
Cyrus. That is just too cool. I have read on several different methods used, Which process type did you use?
I have been wanting to get into photogravure, just haven't had the nerve. I have had an old photogravure/tasope 10X12 process camera and lens occupying one of the bay windows for about two years now. God only knows how much disk space on the comp with different processes. Just ain't dunnit yet.

cyrus
5-Mar-2008, 21:35
Cyrus. That is just too cool. I have read on several different methods used, Which process type did you use?
I have been wanting to get into photogravure, just haven't had the nerve. I have had an old photogravure/tasope 10X12 process camera and lens occupying one of the bay windows for about two years now. God only knows how much disk space on the comp with different processes. Just ain't dunnit yet.

Thanks but you do't need a process camera. All you need is a positive - digital or traditional film. Lothar's site explains it. I highly HIGHLY recommend taking his workshop. He really puts a lot of effort in teaching.

jb7
16-Mar-2008, 05:34
Looks wonderful-
good choice of image too-

joseph

Petzval Paul
16-Mar-2008, 06:23
Very, very cool! I love that tone - I don't even know what to call it!