PDA

View Full Version : Need specs on Wisner GG back springs

Scott Sharp
29-Feb-2008, 14:23
Hi,

I have a Wisner 4 x 5 GG back I bought that has no springs. Contacting Wisner has been useless and I thought I'd turn to this forum for help.

I can get the springs made but I need some good photos, the specs, or a drawing, or even better a broken spring to use as a sample to replicate the Wisner spring. I need size, shape etc...

Can any of you Wisner owners out there lend a hand?

Many thanks, Scott

Robert Brummitt
29-Feb-2008, 20:44
Hi,

I have a Wisner 4 x 5 GG back I bought that has no springs. Contacting Wisner has been useless and I thought I'd turn to this forum for help.

I can get the springs made but I need some good photos, the specs, or a drawing, or even better a broken spring to use as a sample to replicate the Wisner spring. I need size, shape etc...

Can any of you Wisner owners out there lend a hand?

Many thanks, Scott

Are you looking for standard flat springs? If so I can send you my extra Wisner back, but will need it returned. You'll have to pay for shipping back and forth.
I have the graflok back currently. one of its springs snapped in two. I went to a local custom spring manufactures here in Oregon and he was able to quickly make me a replacement. It only cost me a print. A more then fair price, I thought!
:) :)

Tracy Storer
29-Feb-2008, 21:34
I'm pretty sure Richard Ritter can easily fix this for you. You should contact him.

Scott Sharp
29-Feb-2008, 22:20
My thanks for the offer Robert, I'll take you up on that and I sent you a PM. Please let me know if you didn't recieve it.

Good suggestion Tracy, I've kept Richard Ritter as an option, he is excellent, but he is currently out of spring steel stock so I am trying a local machinist who is also a very talented repair person.

Hopefully with a sample Wisner back in hand, the shape and form of the original Wisner springs can be replicated.

I'll post an update when the work is done.

Scott

e
29-Feb-2008, 23:50
Scott,
Just spoke to Ron. He has the springs. I can order them for you if you still need them. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com. Also have a new Wisner 12x20 coming in soon for sale.

Robert Brummitt
29-Feb-2008, 23:57
Hey Scott.
I got your PM and responded. I'll mail it on Monday. Glad to help.

Scott Sharp
1-Mar-2008, 00:31
My thanks again to Robert for the loan of his extra back. I am going ahead with having the springs made locally. Emile, I appreciate your response, I sent you an email regarding Wisner lens boards.

Scott