PDA

View Full Version : Holy Xenotar, see what this sold for -150/2.8?

Vick Ko
29-Feb-2008, 03:16
Holy Xenotar, see what this sold for? Xenotar kit with cam -150/2.8 - at $1978 !!!!

@bay number 250218627872

...Vick

Patrik Roseen
29-Feb-2008, 04:43
The only thing that can surprise me these days are low prices on LF gear on ebay.

(I guess the cam is what made the difference this time, assuming it works for a Technika IV or V. Looks to me like a cam for a Technika III though...)

David A. Goldfarb
29-Feb-2008, 05:48
It's on a Tech III board, and it does look like that's a Tech III cam, which would need to be peened and reground to be accurate with a new Tech III.

The caps are nice, though.

Frank Petronio
29-Feb-2008, 06:08
Doh that's double while my stuff sells for crappy prices... Grrr

Leica Noctiluxes doubled in price over just 2-3 years. I guess a lot of people want fast, difficult to use lenses for shallow depth of field work.

Might be time to start doing sharp, long depth of field portraits?

Seriously, like German portraitists (broad generality) Schoeller, etc... f/22 and craggy faces.

al olson
29-Feb-2008, 07:24
Wow! I have one of those (150 Xenotar) cammed to my Technika IV. Five years ago I paid less than that for the whole kit, camera and four lenses ... two of which (the other is a 90mm Angulon) were cammed to the camera. What a prescient investment!!!

I think I am going to sell it piecemeal... after I have used it another decade.

Michael Graves
29-Feb-2008, 07:57
Doh that's double while my stuff sells for crappy prices... Grrr

Leica Noctiluxes doubled in price over just 2-3 years. I guess a lot of people want fast, difficult to use lenses for shallow depth of field work.

Might be time to start doing sharp, long depth of field portraits?

Seriously, like German portraitists (broad generality) Schoeller, etc... f/22 and craggy faces.

Always been a Yosef Karsh kind of guy myself, although nowhere near as talented.

Mark Sampson
29-Feb-2008, 08:40
Some seller just got lucky. Let's see what the next one or two sell for. That might take a while, isn't that a very rare lens? And Frank, I prefer your portrait subjects (and approach) to Schoeller's.

Dave Moeller
29-Feb-2008, 10:28
Interestingly, the same buyer bought another Xenotar 150/2.8 in early December: 290184101617. (I'm not claiming that this means anything at all...I just find it interesting.)

David A. Goldfarb
29-Feb-2008, 12:10
It's the Hunt brothers again, trying to corner the world market on Xenotars. They're probably buying up all the LF Planars and Aero-Ektars too, and before you know it, they'll be selling them at exorbitant prices.