PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Virginia

Cliff McMann
28-Feb-2008, 10:11
Hello to everyone. My name is Cliff and I'm an addict.... It's been 18 years since I shot LF. I've decided to succumb to an old love affair and am dusting off my old equipment. I guess I'm hoping to recapture that feeling that comes from applying craftsmanship, and hopefully producing something artfull. I'm really looking forward to watching a print come to life in the tray, and losing myself in the rich tones of an actual B&W silver print again. I look forward to the journey home and hope you all don't mind helping me find the way.

gregstidham
28-Feb-2008, 11:43
Welcome. Virginia is a beautiful state with lots to photograph. I enjoy visiting there from time to time.

John Bowen
28-Feb-2008, 11:48
Hey Cliff,

I'm in Midlothian (just outside of Richmond). Welcome to the LF Forum

seabee1999
28-Feb-2008, 13:24
Welcome Cliff. I was stationed in Norfolk, VA and that is where my enjoyment for photography really started. Currently my fiance is living in Charlottesville and we intend to move to that area in a few years.

God Bless,
David

Alan Rabe
28-Feb-2008, 13:49
Seebee welcome to the forum. Checkout http://vabeachphotoclub.org/. We have a few lf'ers, but most are digitized. We meet the first Tuesday of the month. I'd love to meet you and perhaps do a little shooting.

Cliff McMann
29-Feb-2008, 06:08
Thanks everybody. John I'm just up the road from you, I'm in Fredericksburg. Hopefully after I work the kinks out I'll get a chance to meet some of you guys out in the field.

Scott Davis
29-Feb-2008, 07:57
Cliff- Welcome from Washington, DC. We've got a pretty active group of LF shooters here in the area, and we try to get out and shoot together at least once a month. You're welcome to join us if you don't mind the schlep.

John Kasaian
29-Feb-2008, 22:13
Welcome Cliff! I attended a depot ops course at Ft. Lee a long time ago and messed around in Williamsburg and Virginia Beach on the week ends. What a beautiful state to be shooting LF!

SamReeves
1-Mar-2008, 11:05
Welcome aboard.

keithwms
2-Mar-2008, 22:00
Hi Cliff. I am in Charlottesville. I know a ULFer in Waynesboro and a bunch of LFers in DC and we get together from time to time. If you want to be introduced to the gang, just say the word; Scott can introduce you too.