PDA

View Full Version : My first Tri X

Songyun
28-Feb-2008, 07:28
I developed it using CPP2 + 3010, DDX 8 mins 20 degree (68F). But the edge shows different pattern as the middle. Can anyone give me some idea what is wrong?

RPNugent
28-Feb-2008, 07:37
Never seen anything like that. What volume of chemistry did you use and are you sure you put the emulsion side facing in to the middle?

BarryS
28-Feb-2008, 07:39
That's odd. The section on the right looks like normal film grain but the one on the left looks like it has some reticulation. Except reticulation is pretty rare with modern emulsions unless you really temperature shock the film during processing. What is your temperature control like when the film gets washed? If the film got a blast of hot water, it can rapidly swell the emulsion and cause reticulation.

Songyun
28-Feb-2008, 07:51
That's odd. The section on the right looks like normal film grain but the one on the left looks like it has some reticulation. Except reticulation is pretty rare with modern emulsions unless you really temperature shock the film during processing. What is your temperature control like when the film gets washed? If the film got a blast of hot water, it can rapidly swell the emulsion and cause reticulation.

Thanks Barry, I didn't pay much attention to washing. I guess that is the reason.
I learned my lesson. :(