PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 8x10 and WP Camera Shipping Time

Hugo Zhang
27-Feb-2008, 21:36
Dear Friends,

Due to a big blizzard in southern China a few weeks ago, the Chamonix factory had to close for a week. After that, there was the Chinese New Year for which the factory closed for another eight days. So the promised delivery time has been pushed back for three weeks.

Now the shipping time for the 8x10 is the end of March and for the WP cameras and holders is mid April.

On behalf of the factory, I apologize for the delay. We really can do nothing about it, but the thought that a dozen people here will finally have their long-waited cameras and I myself will see my own dark-skinned WP camera in a few weeks gives me some comfort.

Thanks.
Hugo

Tri Tran
29-Feb-2008, 00:06
Dear Friends,

Due to a big blizzard in southern China a few weeks ago, the Chamonix factory had to close for a week. After that, there was the Chinese New Year for which the factory closed for another eight days. So the promised delivery time has been pushed back for three weeks.

Now the shipping time for the 8x10 is the end of March and for the WP cameras and holders is mid April.

On behalf of the factory, I apologize for the delay. We really can do nothing about it, but the thought that a dozen people here will finally have their long-waited cameras and I myself will see my own dark-skinned WP camera in a few weeks gives me some comfort.

Thanks.
Hugo

Hugo,
Did mine left Beijing yet? Any tracking info ? Hope you feel better.

domenico Foschi
29-Feb-2008, 00:39
Actually Tri.
today Hugo told me that right at the moment when one of the employee put your box on the floor to lock the door of the factory, the blizzard started with such a violence that your camera was transported in a dark cloud where winds topped 1000 miles an hour.
Sorry....

Tri Tran
29-Feb-2008, 09:26
Actually Tri.
today Hugo told me that right at the moment when one of the employee put your box on the floor to lock the door of the factory, the blizzard started with such a violence that your camera was transported in a dark cloud where winds topped 1000 miles an hour.
Sorry....

Thanks for the update Domenico.I would imagine my camera is suffering under that weather condition and hoping it arrives here in 1 piece :)

Update the latest :I'm not worry about the camera now, Hugo was down a few days ago due to the Flu here. Hope he'll get well soon.

Jan Pedersen
29-Feb-2008, 09:41
Thanks for the update Hugo. Can't wait to see my "Blondie".

jan