PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid News

tombob
27-Feb-2008, 09:32
I dont know if this has popped up anywhere else, but i recently found out in an article in the Flickr forums that Polaroid are closing down all their factories over the next year. 1st to go are the Large Format ranges, then the Medium Format and then comercial 600 film.

anyone know if fuji or kodak or anyone else plan to take over the polaroid products or fill in the gap in anyway?

BarryS
27-Feb-2008, 09:49
Hadn't heard that. Can't believe everything you see on flicker, eh?

tombob
27-Feb-2008, 09:52
Hadn't heard that. Can't believe everything you see on flicker, eh?

this was a link to the boston herald website. not just gossip. there reconing they have enough stock to last out a year but that will be about it

tombob
27-Feb-2008, 09:53
http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2008/02/08/polaroid_shutting_2_mass_facilities_laying_off_150/

j.e.simmons
27-Feb-2008, 12:09
Ilford has contacted Polaroid about the possibility of continuing. No promises, though.
juan

D. Bryant
27-Feb-2008, 13:24
Ilford has contacted Polaroid about the possibility of continuing. juan

When pigs fly ....

The price of PN 55 is already hitting $100 per box where it is available. If Ilford were to make it, the price will surely go upward; so who is going to pay more than the current price?

Don Bryant

Pete Watkins
27-Feb-2008, 14:34
Don,
Fuji would be a far better and cheaper bet...........lets hope!
Pete.

Gene McCluney
28-Feb-2008, 18:42
Fuji already make 4x5 size pack films in both color and b/w but no P/N. they also make the smaller peel-apart pack films, and they have their own version of the SX-70 style of film and camera called the Fuji Instax but it is not imported into this country. (USA) I think this would be a good opportunity for Fuji to expand its instant film business.