PDA

View Full Version : Processing 12x20 film in 2800 Jobo Drums

james zhou
26-Feb-2008, 18:09
I am new to 12x20 format. With a huge amount of anticipation I processed my first two sheets of films in 2800 series drums (2820+2840+2840). Worried about keeping film in place I inserted four 120 reels at different places for the first sheet of film. This combination is too long to the CPA2, so I used a Unicolor roller base. The film developed ok except where the film touching the reels, the development was not even. I then removed the reels. The film turned out beautifully! I know there are dedicated film inserts for consistent development, but has anyone been doing this? Just want to know if this is a viable way of developing large sheet films.

James

Tri Tran
26-Feb-2008, 23:46
James,
Got to your local store Joanne's Fabric and buy the white plastic mesh approx 13x21 inches and drop it in the drum. No inserts needed .Good luck.

james zhou
27-Feb-2008, 14:11
James,
Got to your local store Joanne's Fabric and buy the white plastic mesh approx 13x21 inches and drop it in the drum. No inserts needed .Good luck.

Tri,

I assume you drop it between the film and drum. but what will it do? I noticed that without anything, the film will stay in place as there four ridges that will catch the film. Will the mesh then prevent the film ffrom floating? Thanks for any comments!

james