PDA

View Full Version : Phillips 4x5/110 SSXL Question

Clyde Rogers
26-Feb-2008, 09:39
Hello,

I was curious if any Phillips 4x5 owners have used the 110mm Super Symmar XL lens on the camera. Specifically, on a Phillips with the "lightweight" bellows, how much rise can you get on the camera with an infinity-focused 110 SSXL?

Do you like this camera/lens combination?

Thanks,

Clyde

Kirk Gittings
26-Feb-2008, 09:48
Don't know about the 110 and lightweight belllows, but I get full movements with a Nikkor 120SW and the Universal bellows on mine.

Clyde Rogers
26-Feb-2008, 11:51
Don't know about the 110 and lightweight belllows, but I get full movements with a Nikkor 120SW and the Universal bellows on mine.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I'm looking for---the infinity flange distance for these two lenses is nearly identical. But which bellows is the universal? Is it normal-looking or is it that funky "bag-pleat" bellows?

Don't you have the Mutmansky hot-rodded Phillips (should've bought it, stupid me...)? Can you get, say, 1.5" of rise/fall with your 120 at infinity?

Thanks much,

Clyde

Kirk Gittings
26-Feb-2008, 12:51
Yes actually, it has the lightweight bellows according to Micheal's original posting. I get full rise and fall but I can't measure it as I am laid up from knee surgery.

Clyde Rogers
26-Feb-2008, 15:04
Yes actually, it has the lightweight bellows according to Micheal's original posting. I get full rise and fall but I can't measure it as I am laid up from knee surgery.

Ouch. Hope you're on your feet soon, and thanks for the information!

Until later,

Clyde

Kirk Gittings
27-Feb-2008, 09:22
Clyde, I get 2" of rise and fall with the 120sw at infinity.

Clyde Rogers
27-Feb-2008, 10:19
Good news, that's better than I hoped for. Thanks much, Kirk!

--clyde