PDA

View Full Version : Horseman LB

seabee1999
25-Feb-2008, 13:15
I have been trying to look for information on this camera and can't seem to find much on it. I was wondering if anyone here has any positive or negative thought about this camera body.

God Bless,
David

seabee1999
26-Feb-2008, 11:52
How about with Horseman cameras in general?

God Bless,
David

Ted Harris
26-Feb-2008, 12:02
I use a Horseman L Frame rail camera in the studio and have for pushing 20 years. Mine started out as the predecessor of the LB and is now 'almost' an LX with the changes I have made. IIRC the LB is very similar to the entry level LE with the exception that it comes standard with the expanding rail and the depth of field knob. All the aprts from any Horseman rail camera are interchangeable with any other and the camera is fully upgradeable. Currently I have the basic camera with bot front and rear standards with base as well as the standard axix tilt, the depth of field knob, 3 rails (250, expandable 300-700 and 1000), comenndium hood, reflex viewer, 3 bellows (standard, long and bag) and a mid rail frame to attach two bellows for extreme macro and other tabletop work.

The camera is built like a tank and has very smooth movements, IMO, it is one of the best in the business and a real bargain for what you get. It is not quite as smoot as a Linhof or Arca but costs a whole lot less. Both the geared and friction movements work smoothly and lockdown very tight. You won't be disappointed assuming the price is right.