PDA

View Full Version : New question about Wista 45

pergorm
25-Feb-2008, 03:12
Hi guys!!

Thanks for the information on the Linhof/Wista lensboards. I am planning on buying a 240mm APO-Symmar i Copal 3 shutter. Can any of you tell me if it is possible to fit a Copal 3 shutter on a Wista?????. It looks VERY big to me!!!
I actually already bought the lens - a great deal i hope - but have not yet bought a lensboard. Should i buy a lensboard or sell the lens????!!

Greetings from Denmark
Per

Jorge Gasteazoro
25-Feb-2008, 03:48
Hi guys!!

Thanks for the information on the Linhof/Wista lensboards. I am planning on buying a 240mm APO-Symmar i Copal 3 shutter. Can any of you tell me if it is possible to fit a Copal 3 shutter on a Wista?????. It looks VERY big to me!!!
I actually already bought the lens - a great deal i hope - but have not yet bought a lensboard. Should i buy a lensboard or sell the lens????!!

Greetings from Denmark
Per

Yes, you can drill a hole for a copal 3 on a Wista board. I have a couple of them this way.

Ted Harris
25-Feb-2008, 06:00
Like Jorge, I have several lenses mounted on #3 Technika style boards. The problem isn't the board it is the camera; if you are talking about a wood Wista you are going to be putting some major strain on the front standard.

pergorm
25-Feb-2008, 07:52
Thanks for the information. No, the camera is a 45 VX, so i should be able to take the extra weight. I was worried that the shutter was to big, as the lensboard is placed a little behind the front standards. Don't you have anything colliding when you tilt the front???

Regards from Denmark
Per