PDA

View Full Version : Wisner Traditional bed extension stops

Ken Osborne
19-Dec-2000, 16:06
I have a Wisner Traditional and was wondering if anyone out there has ever had s tops put on the front and back rails to stop them from coming off the tracks whe n yoiu run out of rail extension? When I shoot straight down using a heavy lens it is awkward when the rail comes off the track. This only happens with maximum extension but still is very annoying.

Thanks, Ken

George Barr
25-Mar-2001, 03:40
I smashed my Wisner Traditional this way when I swung the camera over my shoulder and the front shot off, taking the back with it. I found the back stiff enough I didn't need a stop but I easily made one for the front - I used some thin brass sheet material (available at hobby stores), about 1/2 inch by 2 inches. I put a slight curve into the brass before I attached it with a single round head screw and mounted it on the flat bed, at the side, and in such a position that when pushed down, the front came off, the brass fitting nicely in a small notch in the front standard back piece but when left alone, it stopped the camera at maximum front extension. It was light, cheap and totally effective.