PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the idea: spare GG

BrianShaw
17-Feb-2008, 21:07
I suppose it happens to everyone at some time or another, but this is the first for me in about 28 years of LF photography - a broken ground glass.

I've been so lucky that I never even thought much about having a back-up. Last year, after reading some messages here, I decided to buy a Satin Snow "just in case". Today it paid off. I fumbled the back of my camera as i was removing it and banged the glass upon the monorail. Grrrr...

Thanks to the collective wisdom here at LFPF that inspired me to buy that back-up GG!

John Bowen
18-Feb-2008, 05:32
I guess you'll be back on Dave's list once S Snow starts accepting orders again.

BrianShaw
18-Feb-2008, 07:40
Yes, indeed, whenever Dave is ready to resume commerce. In the meantime, I placed an order with a chap in California. I don't dare be without a spare now that my lucky streak has been broken!

GaryT
18-Feb-2008, 07:54
I've always carried a spare GG and <<<looking for wood to knock on>>> have never needed it...yet!

I try to double on on anything that if it were to fail would put an immediate end to my ability to shoot. Most of the times in my work, if something fails, there's usually a Plan B to fall back on, but there are a few essentials that are impossible to do without...a GG is one of them.