PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a 75mm Biogon in a Press camera - recommendations??

Torsten
13-Feb-2008, 16:05
Hi, I try to find out which Press camera would be best suited to take a
75mm Biogon (with integrated shutter). Does anybody know of such a mounting?

Thank's
Torsten

Peter K
13-Feb-2008, 16:18
Hi Torsten,
the Biogon 75mm with it's image circle of 165mm can be mounted to any 4x5" camera. It was aviable also for the Linhof Aero-Technika 4x5". But it's too big for a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4" camera.

Peter

Torsten
13-Feb-2008, 16:42
Hi Peter, yes I know, but I just wanted to know if there's any combination with let's say a crown graphic or something like that, which would match well (hand held shot's...)

cheers
Torsten

Bob Salomon
13-Feb-2008, 16:45
A Technika is a good match. I can probably even find the recommended lensboard for that combination at the office tomorrow.

Peter K
13-Feb-2008, 17:29
The Biogon was mouted in a Compur 0, for the Master Technika 4x5" on a normal, flat, lensboard with cable-release quick mount or electromagnetical release. Also on a lensboard for the Technika 5x7".

Peter

Bob Salomon
14-Feb-2008, 10:03
The Biogon was mouted in a Compur 0, for the Master Technika 4x5" on a normal, flat, lensboard with cable-release quick mount or electromagnetical release. Also on a lensboard for the Technika 5x7".

Peter

Linhof's recommended lensboard for the 75mm Biogon in 0 Compur shutter was the 001097. This board is no longer made and would be very difficult to find used as the number is not stamped on the board. The 001097 includes a Cable Release Quick Socket. The current 001143 flat boat without the Cable Release QR socket should work for this lens on a Technika.

Linhof also mounted this lens into the 001134 board with a solenoid release. That board will also be very difficult to find and the solenoid attachment for the Anatomical Grip has not been made in over 25 years so the shutter can only be tripped with a screw-in cable release into the top of the solenoid. In addition the 15V battery for the solenoid is also no longer available. Lenses had to be factory mounted for the solenoid release system.

Peter K
14-Feb-2008, 10:29
Most Biogons 75mm where mounted in a special version of the Compur 0MXV 1/500. This shutter was also used for the Biogon 53mm and the Schneider Super-Angulon 121mm. This shutter has no connection for a cable release. It needs a thin hook together with a cable release quick socket.

Bob Salomon
14-Feb-2008, 10:57
Most Biogons 75mm where mounted in a special version of the Compur 0MXV 1/500. This shutter was also used for the Biogon 53mm and the Schneider Super-Angulon 121mm. This shutter has no connection for a cable release. It needs a thin hook together with a cable release quick socket.

But Peter,

That is not what the Linhof Product Guide listing for the lens says. That states exactly what I listed below.

If you have the 1976 edition it is at the top of page 45. And the picture also clearly shows the CR QS installed directly into the cable release socket of the Compur shutter.
In the 1974 issue it is listed as having the CR QS on page 37. On the cover of this issue the lens is mounted on the MT with the solenoid attachment. On the cover of the 1964 Super Technika V instruction book it is shown on the camera with the cable release attached to the CR QS.

So since these lenses were factory mounted to the board. The 001097 was not listed as an accessory, the photographer either only had to put the cable release into the QS or into the top of the solenoid. But as stated before, the proper board as listed by the factory, would be very difficult to find today without the lens on it.

Peter K
14-Feb-2008, 11:50
Bob,

there is a SA 121 beside of my keyboard. The lens signed with the red "Technika" character. It's monted on a Technika III lensboard with Cable Release Quick Socket.

The Biogon 75mm in this shutter is shown in the booklet "Linhof Report" from ca. 1968. On the title one can see a Technika 70 with a Biogon 53mm and a solenoid attachment in a blueish hue. On page 50 the Biogon 75mm is shown, also the SA 121mm. And later the Sonnar 180mm. All in this special shutter version.