PDA

View Full Version : feedback system?

thetooth
11-Feb-2008, 15:46
i know i am fairly new to the forum , but so far i have purchased 2 items from forum members with great results ( jim jirka and brook martin ) . these sellers provided speedy shipment and tracking numbers .

i would recommend that all sellers and buyers at the close of their deals leave a post about their experience on the posted thread so all forum members would know how things went . this i think would help with all the ads on who pays fast , who ships fast , and who is honest in their descriptions .

just a thought

tim

matthew blais
11-Feb-2008, 17:28
Might be better to add a "great transaction" to the original For Sale thread if there was one.

Eric James
11-Feb-2008, 17:44
FS threads are not archived. Most members here are trustworthy - the resent flap that we've read about is an outlier.

thetooth
11-Feb-2008, 18:00
FS threads are not archived. Most members here are trustworthy - the resent flap that we've read about is an outlier.

oh that does put a damper on the idea . oh well .

tim

EdWorkman
19-Feb-2008, 17:11
I just got done adding a big thankyou to eddiegunk for a Packard transaction

walter23
19-Feb-2008, 17:14
The easiest to implement is a sticky thread (searchable) that stays at the top of the forum, wherein you can post your positive or negative feedback about someone. Then prospective buyers / sellers can search that thread for the other party's name.

Don't know if it's really necessary though; seems to be a pretty smoothy operating B&S forum, and it's specialized enough (LF) that it probably doesn't attract your average scam artist who's never even heard of large format.

Ralph Barker
19-Feb-2008, 17:59
I moved this to the Feedback sub-forum, so it won't scroll off so quickly.

There was a long discussion about FS/WTB feedback a couple of weeks ago, centering around a seller who ran into delivery problems. Bottom line is that we're now archiving the FS/WTB, rather than letting them expire, so past activity can be searched. That way, people can add a positive remark to the original thread if the deal went well. Any bickering when something goes poorly should generally be kept off-line.

The most important thing to remember is that the FS/WTB sub-forum is "at your own risk".