PDA

View Full Version : Hello as a new member

Dan Coakley
3-Feb-2008, 12:33
Hello

I just joined this morning. I have been using large format cameras for more than 20 years. I owned and operated an advertising business for over 25 years. I have been retired for 5 years now. We more or less specialized in commercial real estate advertising. We used 4x5 Calumet view cameras, Nikon SLRs, and a Pentax 6x7.
I still have a Calumet wide angle camera and a 4x5 Speed Graphic. We photographed industrial buildings, office buildings and shopping centers for our clients.
I never did turn down work in other fields. At one time or another, we had clients in manufacturing and service industries. That's enough about my history.

I have a question regarding the Watson 2.25x3.25 press camera. I am restoring one.
The ground glass is missing. Anyone who has an intact camera could answer.
What holds the ground glass in place? I took the back apart and found the location for the glass, but, something must be missing as there is nothing to hold the glass in place.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Dan Coakley

Capocheny
3-Feb-2008, 15:00
Hi Dan,

Sorry, I can't answer your question about the Watson but I'm willing to bet someone here will be able to do so.

In the meantime,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Cheers

Rob_5419
3-Feb-2008, 15:07
Welcome Dan,

Nice to have another retired photographer here.

Try this pdf:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/b&j_press/b&j_press.htm

Okay - enough of the chit-chat.

When are you going to move up to whole-plate format?:cool:

Ralph Barker
3-Feb-2008, 15:14
Welcome to the LF Forum, Dan.