PDA

View Full Version : Black points in copies as I eliminate them?

Nino Grangetto
31-Jan-2008, 10:40
Hello, I was making dune photos of sand with much wind, in the camera has put so much that I had, already in my house, to pass the vacuum cleaner hogareña to remove the sand to him, mainly in you fold them of bellows. Of course, they appeared black points in my copies, result of rise of the emulsion of pelicula, (Tmax 100)cosa that never happened to me before. Somebody knows like solving this in the copy or pelicula.Gracias by its collaboration and the possible consolations.

www.ninograngetto.com.ar

Jon Shiu
31-Jan-2008, 11:32
Hello, you can retouch the negative using a brush and opaque dye, or you can try a red extra fine point Sharpie pen. Retouch on the base side so as not to damage the emulsion. Then the spots on the print will be white and you can spot them in as normal.

Another way to deal with the black spots on the print is to bleach them out with a product called Spotpens black spot remover. Then retouch as normal.

By the way, I saw the bird pictures on your website and they are beautiful!

Good luck,

Jon

Vaughn
31-Jan-2008, 14:27
Yes, Jon gave good advise. I have also used a sharp tool to scrap the black spot off the print -- using a careful hand and scrapping off only part of the paper's emulsion. This does leave a surface defect in the print.

Or you can tell people that the black spots in the sky are small birds.

Vaughn

Nino Grangetto
1-Feb-2008, 08:56
Thanks for the answers, I tried to alter with spotone pelicula, but I must practice enough before obtaining acceptable results and it did not want to damage the emulsion of the copy, but it is hour that empieze to experiment. Jon I saw your page and I like much the treatment of the light in your imágenes.Un great greeting from Argentina

Kirk Gittings
1-Feb-2008, 09:03
Yes, Jon gave good advise. I have also used a sharp tool to scrap the black spot off the print -- using a careful hand and scrapping off only part of the paper's emulsion. This does leave a surface defect in the print.

Or you can tell people that the black spots in the sky are small birds.

Vaughn

If you do this on a wet print, rather than dry, the divet will shrink up flatter.

Nino Grangetto
1-Feb-2008, 11:24
If you do this on a wet print, rather than dry, the divet will shrink up flatter.

Kirk thanks for its contribution. Congratulations by its work, I have seen it in the Web. Greetings

PViapiano
1-Feb-2008, 12:54
Anyone ever use one of those bleaching pens, that come with a companion fixer pen? I have one but haven't used it yet...

Jon Shiu
1-Feb-2008, 13:06
Anyone ever use one of those bleaching pens, that come with a companion fixer pen? I have one but haven't used it yet...

Yes I have used them: as the bleached area will tend to spread and be larger than needed, try to just dab a bit with the A pen first so as not to get too large a white spot when appying B.

Jon