PDA

View Full Version : Not quite LF but...anybody know what this is?

MPrice
30-Jan-2008, 17:12
Here's something that arrived with my Rolleiflex and I've never been able to figure out what it is. If anybody has any idea I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance...

Robbie Shymanski
30-Jan-2008, 17:19
Extension ring for macro work?

Gordon Moat
30-Jan-2008, 17:21
Adapter for telescope or microscope.

thetooth
30-Jan-2008, 17:23
i would guess a microscope adaptor . the side with out the set screw mounts toward the lens and the other side would fit over a microscope eyepiece . i have one similar in a t-mount for a slr . just a guess though .

MPrice
30-Jan-2008, 17:24
There's a slot behind the silver knob that looks like it could hold a slide so maybe you're on to something, although, I guess if the microscope goes on the end opposite the camera that wouldn't get you anywhere...maybe the slot is for some sort of a filter to use with the scope?

thetooth
30-Jan-2008, 18:03
sometimes there is a accessory view finder for focusing . leica made one for their leica screw mounts also .

Gene McCluney
30-Jan-2008, 18:07
I think, since it has the standard Roelli bayonet mounting on one end, just like the lenses do on the TLR's, it MUST be for adapting the camera to a microscope, or possible, more remotely a telescope, as mentioned above. The only question is..how would one focus?
I guess Roelli made a sheet film adaptor and ground glass back for the TLR'S????

thetooth
30-Jan-2008, 18:20
I think, since it has the standard Roelli bayonet mounting on one end, just like the lenses do on the TLR's, it MUST be for adapting the camera to a microscope, or possible, more remotely a telescope, as mentioned above. The only question is..how would one focus?
I guess Roelli made a sheet film adaptor and ground glass back for the TLR'S????

rollei did make a sheet film adaptor for 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 a older gentlemen who lives around me had one for sale in the local classifieds . it was the real deal . did not buy it though he was asking to much .

Winger
30-Jan-2008, 19:03
I say it goes to a microscope.

ic-racer
30-Jan-2008, 20:21
Here is the page from Rollie's "Practical Accessories"

MPrice
30-Jan-2008, 22:13
Wow, that was fast, I had the feeling somebody out there would know the answer...thank you all. Anybody ever see one for sale or know what it would be worth, can't imagine that I'll ever put it to use.

Thanks

Mike