PDA

View Full Version : Lenseboards for B&J Press

Don Krajewski
13-Dec-2000, 13:22
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement lens board for a B&J Press 4x5 Camera ? I have looked for about a year for the specific board and am wondering if anyo ne knows of a suitable replacement that is available today.

Doug Paramore
13-Dec-2000, 14:24
Don: I have an old B&J that I bought for parts. The lens board is a flat 4x4 aluminum board on the one I have. It interchanges with my Graphic View II and my MPP. You can make one out of 1/8 thick aluminum or get some of the plywood used by model airplane builders. It is available at most hobby shops. It is a hardwood plywood with several layers and is quite strong.

Regards,

TAN K H
13-Dec-2000, 19:28
Hi Don

I have had two B&J Press cameras.

One of the things that I liked about the cameras, apart from the very neat revolving back, is the fact that (unlike the Graphics) they take simple 4x4 boards. You can make them easily out of wood. I bet if you talk to a carpenter in town, you can make a bunch for not much money.

Bill Brady
16-Dec-2000, 07:41
I have been making lensboards for my Tachihara. I use the "bendable" 3mm plywood for light traps and thin basswood or cherry for the board. They work well.

You need access to a scrollsaw, or you could do it by hand with a coping saw. (I have a scrollsaw).

Linas Kudzma
22-Dec-2000, 11:43
Don, Wisner 4x5 boards are EXACTLY the same dimensions as original B&J Press boards. Years ago I began shooting LF on a B&J Press camera and found the very showy Wisner boards look really nice on the B&J Press!

Linas